Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith and his fight against fat
It's tough love. 76 68.47%
He's just being an asshole. 35 31.53%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

http://i.imgur.com/FtbaQ.png

By the way, Keith has been on the akinator for a lonnggg time. I remember finding him on it atleast 3 years ago.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
This guy told a Christian news thing that he believes in a traditional marriage as defined by the bible, and we're sinners thinking we can redefine marriage?
I know my response here isn't directly aiming at your point, but wasn't marriage in the bible between one man and his property? And he could have sex with as many concubines as he wanted as long as they weren't other men's property? And that adultery was just a crime against another man for using his property?
Aren't they the ones that are redefining "biblical marriage"?
(But it's totally his right to say or think whatever he wants., true.)

PS I don't have a problem with redefining marriage, or destroying it, or having it if you want it for yourself with others who do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Between Pat Dixon, Myq Kaplan and Mike Lawrence over the last few episodes we've had three examples of why even in the hugely saturated comedy podcast market of 2012 KATG is still one of the A-grade premier league shows in the genre when it comes to both the funny and the thought-provoking.

It doesn't get any better than this.
I feel that way about this comment. Thanks Bucho! And Pat and Mike, for helping to make this comment possible.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
You're right, soda will rot your teeth. If you never brush them. Now here's a tic-tac, could you quit opening your maw in my direction.
I used to have a massive Diet Coke problem. Ended up giving up soda altogether just over 3 years ago because of the damage it was doing to my teeth. And I brushed them regularly. But the acidity - which is helped along by the carbonation, which is why it's different to orange juice - started really taking a toll on my teeth and I ended up having to get a root canal.

If you brush your teeth within 30 minutes of drinking soda, wine, juice etc, you are actually making it worse and rubbing acid into your teeth.

On another note, how do you feel about things like Fat Acceptance and Tyra Banks' "Fiercely Real" campaigns?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
I used to have a massive Diet Coke problem. Ended up giving up soda altogether just over 3 years ago because of the damage it was doing to my teeth. And I brushed them regularly. But the acidity - which is helped along by the carbonation, which is why it's different to orange juice - started really taking a toll on my teeth and I ended up having to get a root canal.

If you brush your teeth within 30 minutes of drinking soda, wine, juice etc, you are actually making it worse and rubbing acid into your teeth.

On another note, how do you feel about things like Fat Acceptance and Tyra Banks' "Fiercely Real" campaigns?

You're exactly right; it's the damage to your enamel that messes up your teeth. But acidity of juice does hurt your teeth as well. It's an erosion of tooth enamel that happens over time.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #55 (permalink)

There just isn't enough Mike Lawrence on KATG.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #56 (permalink)

Noone is taking away the Chick-a-fil CEO's right to free speech. But the principle works both ways, people have a right to express their opinion if they are offended, and take action if they desire.

I dont live in the US, but if I did, I would boycott this company. Not only is this about human rights and equality, it's also about not letting your laws be dictated by some archaic religious principle. Like Mike alluded to on the show, sometimes inaction is the same is being on the side of the bad guy. If you dont take a stand against these whackos, you're supporting them.