Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith an American hero?
Yes 45 46.88%
No 51 53.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
Australians have never ever had a constitutional right to own firearms. In 96/97 gun control laws were tightened up even further and no one was round up or exterminated.
And yet Port Arthur still hasn't been topped by any American. These things happen. The fact that they are such huge news stories is proof enough that it's pretty rare.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
Australians have never ever had a constitutional right to own firearms. In 96/97 gun control laws were tightened up even further and no one was round up or exterminated.
Your government is different than ours. Your kids getting maced in the face or having their rotator cuffs torn for exercising their existing constitutional rights?

Hey, Children, what's that sound?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Yet...

K that was creepy.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

WOOO! MARGA! SHE IS AWESOME!

ok, thats all.

seems that owning gun is a huge freedome deal for the gun oriented states. i see how that is not a point in favour of people owning them and shooting anyone pretty much freely, but everytime i talk to southerners, it really sounds like theyd rather have people dying than giving up their right to own firearms. its so creepy. and honestly, the self-defense point to me, is flaky at best.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

I love when people make the argument that "if some of the other theatre goers had guns with them he would have been stopped".

Does this make sense to anyone? Perhaps he would have been stopped eventually but not before an untrained civilian gun battle which probably would have lasted several minutes. That DEFINITELY would have made things safer for everyone.... bullets flying from all directions.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I smell a lot of sarcasm.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Oh yes, I'm sorry.

Canadians have a hard time with sarcasm, due to our small Jewish population
Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
I love when people make the argument that "if some of the other theatre goers had guns with them he would have been stopped".

Does this make sense to anyone? Perhaps he would have been stopped eventually but not before an untrained civilian gun battle which probably would have lasted several minutes. That DEFINITELY would have made things safer for everyone.... bullets flying from all directions.
imagine how coool it wouyld look if they filmedthat though. better than the actual batman movie!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
In 1929 ... etc

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
All well and good, but;

1. Does "well-regulated" mean 10-minute background checks and mentally unhinged youths with SWAT arsenals?

2. Do you think a few brave, well-meaning souls with assault weapons could do anything even slightly significant to oppose a unit from the US military?

I love the 1789 ideal. The 2012 reality is a babillion miles removed.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Stop hiding behind the 2nd Amendment. Just admit you like shooting guns.

Bush has been called a war criminal. No militia stood up against him. Obama has been compared to Hitler. No militia has stood up against him. I'm willing to bet that some of the people making those comparisons are gun owners. So, either they're irresponsible assholes for making false and very serious accusations and, thus, should not own guns, or the 2nd Amendment is an excuse for people who like guns to own them. (Or both)

Unless the entire stunt team from the movie Commando is attacking your house, I don't think you need an assault weapon. The 2nd Amendment was created because back then the US didn't have a proper military and needed civilians to serve. Now the US has the most powerful military on the planet.