Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do plot holes ruin a movie for you?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1630: The Bane of My Existence

"You little 12-year-old waste!"

Foreign Films and Modern Plays

KeithCourage.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Since I saw two polls today I'm going to expound on both of them

Which is better Batman or the Olympics?
I'm going with Olympics for several reasons.
1. They happen every two years
2. The athletes do their own stunts
3. It interests the whole world, not just a group of Nerds who like Super Hero movies. By the way is Superman dead? I haven't seen him in any movies lately.
4. The host country gets some extra revenue
5. Little kids, usually girls, who idolize Olympic gymnasts can grow up to become one. If they have athletic ability and their parents have enough money.

Do plot holes ruin the movie for you?
Not unless they're so huge that nothing makes sense in the movie.

Last edited by WSEIII; 07-30-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here's the video Keith mentioned. Thumbs it up and leave a comment. Every little bit helps.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I thought TDKR was pretty good immediately after finishing it. Then I sat there for 15 minutes and thought about the holes. The movie was just OK. Good thing I didn't pay for it or I would have been really pissed off.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Depends. If a movie is good enough in all other aspects, I can generally ignore plot holes. Which would be the case with Dark Knight Rises, which I loved. Flawed? Absolutely. One of the best superhero movies? Also absolutely.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpj1421 View Post
Depends. If a movie is good enough in all other aspects, I can generally ignore plot holes. Which would be the case with Dark Knight Rises, which I loved. Flawed? Absolutely. One of the best superhero movies? Also absolutely.
Nolan's Batman movies are only the best super hero movies because there are so few to choose from. Big fish, small pond.

I refuse to ignore plot holes when the cinema landscape is filled to the brim with films that actually try hard in their writing.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

So much hate for the Olympics! I thought Keith would at least enjoy the opportunity to mindlessly cheer on Team USA for the next two weeks. I actually enjoy the 'Lympics. You get to see some really interesting sports, amazing (or freakish) bodies, and hate on virtually every other nation in the world in the name of athleticism and good ol' competition. Yeah... some of the events are lame- Handball? Skeet shooting? That's a real thing? But Im proud of our athletes and really enjoy seeing the emotions that come with winning and losing a medal.

I also enjoy feeling bad about myself and questioning why I haven't done more with my life while watching a 17 year old win her first gold medal.

U!S!A!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

A few of the plot holes discussed can be explained (e.g. No one tried to escape because the military was patrolling the bridges with guns, they made a point of explaining that food was brought into the city as that's how that special forces team got in, etc), but yes, there are plot holes in the movie. Didn't stop me from enjoying it. For me, the enjoyment comes from the "feeling" the movies give off. It is surprising how airtight Inception is by comparison, but, oh well.

Also, with The Dark Knight, they made Batman the bad guy at the end of it because Batman/Gordon didn't want to reveal to the public that Harvey Dent had become Two-Face as that would un-do all the work he had done as District Attorney (like the organized crime laws that put all the mob guys in jail).
Old 07-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Don't worry Keith, even though nobody in the studio got your Olympics XXX synchronized "diving" 69 joke, I tooooooootally got it.

I also, as much as I saw a bunch of "problems" with Dark Knight Rises, tooooooootally got that movie. I think the key was where McNally said he enjoyed the Avengers in spite of the silliness because it was more comic-booky. Like a movie which opens with a mid-air heist where a plane hooks up another plane and guys abseil into the other plane and perform a blood transfusion while their leader, in a weird mask with a hilarious campy accent, explains how they're going to take over the world is begging to be taken realistically?

Of course this movie is chock full of silliness. That's why it's so fun! It's sure as fuck more fun than Inception, or as I like to hilariously call it, IncExposition. Honestly, that movie had some neato plot mechanics but it's ruined by the fact 86% of it is people yapping about those plot mechanics.

Nevermind any of that though, the real question is why are the Keith cam and Ben Lerman/Marga Gomez cams framed perfectly while Chemda's way too low in the frame in hers? SHE'S WEARING A TANK TOP YOU DOLTS!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Like a movie which opens with a mid-air heist where a plane hooks up another plane and guys abseil into the other plane and perform a blood transfusion while their leader, in a weird mask with a hilarious campy accent, explains how they're going to take over the world is begging to be taken realistically?
Haha! That's true. "It would be quite painful. For you."