Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Pick a movie or die
Batman 66 70.21%
Mousewoman 28 29.79%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Peter is a fantastic guest, especially when he talks about the culture of celebrity that he works in. Of course celebrities go out of their way to get noticed, and in LA, Robertson Blvd. is a big hot spot. The Kardashians and Lindsay Lohan are there all the time because they can't live without the attention. It keeps them relevant, which means they on their own will generate publicity for whatever product they are hocking at the moment.

I would love to hear Peter and Patrice do a show together, talking about the two different sides of celebrity culture (Peter as a mainstream columnist, Patrice on the personal business blog side). What's My Name, perhaps?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
How do you go from "really loving" something to basically saying you now hate it? Obviously, when you watched it, there was something that connected with you that made you enjoy it. Recognizing flaws with something shouldn't mean you can't appreciate what you did enjoy about it.

I'm jaded when it comes to movies. Love was too strong of a word. I enjoyed it. I really did like Heath's joker, and I felt energized, excited after leaving the theater. I saw it again and still liked it. But after Keith pointed out it's flaws, I noticed them, and I enjoyed it less and less.

I still think the Joker's scenes are creepy and awesome but I have no desire to watch the movie as a whole.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

That's fair enough. Also, I second the Peter and Patrice idea!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love Peter, his knowledge of celebrity culture is great. Peter and Patrice together sounds like a winner idea!

Still on the Kristen thing, wasn't US Weekly warned that the cheating was going on and sent the paps out to try and see if they could catch it? It's a real thing but some say the pics weren't a fluke.

Kristen Stewart cheating pics: Did Us Weekly have a tip that KStew and Rupert Sanders were hooking up? - Zap2it

Their claim is that the photographer approached the magazine and there was no bidding wars (Kristen Stewart's Cheating Scandal: 6 Myths About Her Fling With Rupert Sanders - UsMagazine.com) but other outlets are not so sure about this.

Still, it's competitive business and it may as well be false information launched by US' rivals.

... I miss Patrice... maybe Loose Talk will fill the void.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Movies with plot holes or logical inconsistencies drive me crazy and I will be forced to voice my opinion to all in the vicinity and watch them role their eyes at me. As a result I watch almost no action movies. Actually, the quality of movies in general is so poor that I rarely watch anything. At least if a tv show sucks it's over quickly.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

TDKR was utter garbage. Have to thank Keith for making me realize I really didn't think it was good at all. At first I flinched to say so because I am a huge Spiderman fan and my Twitter followers know that so I didn't want to appear a hater and didn't tweet it. The more I listened to the show the more I realized how right he was and why I left feeling thoroughly unimpressed. Movie was just poorly put together with VERY few wow moments. Avengers has set the bar and it is the new comic book standard.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
I love Peter, his knowledge of celebrity culture is great. Peter and Patrice together sounds like a winner idea!

Still on the Kristen thing, wasn't US Weekly warned that the cheating was going on and sent the paps out to try and see if they could catch it? It's a real thing but some say the pics weren't a fluke.
Wouldn't it be interesting if Kristen and Rob haven't been together for a while, and only contractually keeping up appearances? The conspiracy theorist in me loves the idea that they were only together for the sake of the last movie anyhow (we've all seen that "leave Rob alone" youtube video), and it was going to end soon after. Doesn't explain away the fact that Kristen still fucked it up by getting caught, and Rupert Sanders is still a cheating scum bag.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by what1977 View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting if Kristen and Rob haven't been together for a while, and only contractually keeping up appearances? The conspiracy theorist in me loves the idea that they were only together for the sake of the last movie anyhow (we've all seen that "leave Rob alone" youtube video), and it was going to end soon after. Doesn't explain away the fact that Kristen still fucked it up by getting caught, and Rupert Sanders is still a cheating scum bag.
There's a blind item going about talking about how there's this very famous couple from a franchise that has zero sex because she is asexual and are just really good friends. Asexual my ass.

BTW, after a few episodes it's safe to say that Loose Talk is really good.