Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you tip cashiers, baristas, and the people KATG mentioned at the counter?
Yes 29 27.10%
No 78 72.90%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Keith McNally is done with the show?

;-; first Spooky now him all my favorite guests are gonneeee (I guess Bray isn't gone but he is only on once in a blue moon)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I hope McNally comes back. One of my favourite guests. :C

But anyway. Cant dwell too long. Myka Fox and Dan Soder on Wednesday. Fuck yeah suck yeah.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Regarding the poll where 70% of people pay when it's "pay what you want":

I have to wonder if people who fill-out polls are more likely to tip than the general public, or if people are being overly generous in their self descriptions. A while back, when Trent Reznor started offering his music as a $5 download, he released an album by a band named "Street Sweeper" and also his own NIN album "The Slip". He said that about 18% of people who downloaded "Street Sweeper" album paid $5, and I did some number crunching and calculated that around 12% paid $5 for the NIN album. (Since his music was also uploaded to BitTorrent, too, the number of people who downloaded the album is probably undercounted.)

So, there's a big gap between the 70% who say they donate money and the 18% or 12% who actually gave $5 in the NIN case. I realize that $5 price isn't the same as a "pay what you want", but it seems like $5 is pretty cheap. Maybe people just really like to think of themselves as much more generous than they actually are, or maybe people who fill-out polls tend to be better about donating than the general public. Or maybe 50% of people were only willing to give a dollar or two (but not $5) when it comes to "pay what you want" for an album.

"And then Reznor ended the hoopla last week when he reported on his blog that 154,449 people had downloaded NiggyTardust and 28,322 (18%) of them paid the $5 as of January 2. In the blog, Reznor suggested that he was "disheartened" by the results."
Trent Reznor: Why won't people pay $5? | News Blogs - CNET News
Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Regarding Google giving benefits to the families of employees who die-

One of the main reasons Google (and many other tech companies) give major perks is to attract and keep talent. There was a period a few years ago where Facebook was "stealing" lots of employees from Google. Google is now trying to get them back. Each company wants the best in the industry, and wants them to be lifelong, non-disgruntled employees, so they have amazing perks.

All of the big names in the biz provide lunches, lots of vacation time, fun office spaces, benefits for families, let you bring your dog to work, etc. Also, if you're the number one website in the world, everyone will be looking to your business practices and trying to emulate you. Google, Facebook, Zappos, Twitter, etc. are setting great examples that you don't have to treat your employees like shit to get fantastic results.

So while we can say the benefits are Google being good guys, or just a PR stunt, they profit from these perks with amazing talent.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Was Chemda high during this episode?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

The terms of agreement on most of those sites include the licensing of your image. Head's Up. Please note that none of her pictures were taken from our own yearly tit parade (that kicks off, as always, October 1st.)
Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
The terms of agreement on most of those sites include the licensing of your image. Head's Up. Please note that none of her pictures were taken from our own yearly tit parade (that kicks off, as always, October 1st.)
God bless that tit parade. It is quite possibly, the KatG forums saving grace...
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

word
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This was hi-lar. Sometimes I think Relaxed-Behind-The-Scenes Keith Malley is the funniest Keith Malley of all.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
Keith McNally is done with the show?

;-; first Spooky now him all my favorite guests are gonneeee (I guess Bray isn't gone but he is only on once in a blue moon)
I wonder sometimes how amazing it might have been to get footage of the departing guest and get his/her point of view. Spooky, McNally, Max Darwin, Danny Lobell, etc. all had their own takes on why they chose to leave the community or show. I would have loved to see a video of all of them, a 'life after KATG' kind of thing.