Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should it be legal for a teacher to have sex with an 18-year-old high school student?
Yes 30 35.71%
No 54 64.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1638: Superman and Kamida to the Rescue

"I'm Superman, but if you build a house outta Kryptonite, what do ya want?"

Lauren Hennessy
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

After listening for a couple of years now, its still shocking to hear my forum name called out on the show.
When my grandmother was a kid in the 1930's and 1940's lobster was a peasent food. My grandmother was ashamed to buy barrels of lobster for 1 or 2 dollars and would wait until the fish market was closing in order to buy them. Somewhere in the 1960's or 1970's it became a food for the rich much like in the past decade organs have become a rich food.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yea, i dont really care for mcnally. Kinda an entitled ass head.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

not sure if Keith was kidding or not, but "in vino veritas" does not mean "let the buyer beware" but "in wine there is truth" - basically drunk people will tell you what they really feel
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

McNally PMed me and we had a nice conversation. I tried to be really supportive. It seemed like his head was a little better off where we left it, but maybe the whole thing just really ate at him.

Sorry that he's gone. I wanted to buy him a beer. Just one though. Didn't need things going off the deep end!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

McNally may have been a giant pussy on my name is keith but it's always tough to see someone who's close to the show leave because of the show.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

McNalley

It's hard to tell what is actually going on with McNalley when we only hear him on the internet, but it seems like his problems all stem from his insecurity in his own privilege. Something about his parents giving him an allowance has shaken his sense of self worth and it feels as though a lot of his issues come from that. It is because of his insecurity that he lashes out in ways that seem contradictory: because his parents can provide for him now, he attempts in vain to assume the voice of poverty; whether its about his thrifty childhood, his mother's impoverished upbringing or his nationality in relation to the United States.

He doesn't seem to be aware why he does those things, and we can only guess. They all indicate that he has contempt for his own privilege, and this comes out in the way he lashes out and projects his privilege onto others. He associates his parents previous withholding of wealth as the right way to raise a kid, seeing a commonality with his mother's childhood and claiming a superiority over others for understanding the plight of his mother, despite the fact that he also admires how hard she worked to not raise a family in those same conditions.

Additionally, his opinions on the geopolitics of Canada and the USA are riddled with contradictions. He lashes out on behalf of Canada at his perception of the USA's national identity, and the next moment he claims nationalism as an idea is bullshit and that we are all just individuals who shouldn't care. The USA is simultaneously not in a real recession, but in fact they don't know or care how good they have it, and also their superior status is nonsense and Canada is better in every conceivable way. McNalley isn't reall upset about USA patriotism, he just needs a cause that he can be an underdog in as a way of misdirecting himself from thinking about his own privilege.

I loved that episode of My Name is Keith, I found it very interesting, funny, and tragic; I think everything with his brother sounds terrible and I hope he seeks help in working through it. Unfortunately, it sounds like he doesn't know how, he is too afraid of help and his reaction is to push away and stand alone. If only he could see that he's not alone, that more people than he knows have family members with debilitating addictions.

I hope Keith and Chemda keep their doors open to him as he works through it, he needs friends more now than perhaps ever before.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

you cant really judge mcnally's points until you listen to the my name is keith episode in full. theres a whole build up to the reaction and an explanation. cant judge if you do not hear it all.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
you cant really judge mcnally's points until you listen to the my name is keith episode in full. theres a whole build up to the reaction and an explanation. cant judge if you do not hear it all.
How about, you can't judge at all because you a stranger on the Internet?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
How about, you can't judge at all because you a stranger on the Internet?
that too. good point danny,

still i encourage listening tio the my name is keith episode cause it gives a better view of what could have caused the rift

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.