Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should it be legal for a teacher to have sex with an 18-year-old high school student?
Yes 30 35.71%
No 54 64.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Help!!! I have heard Keith, Chemda, and a ton of forum members mention this guy 'Spooky.' Keith even mentioned him on todays show. My question is, "Are there any recommended KatG episodes that explain who/what that guy was and why he is so fucking relevent? Maybe his last appearance episode? Any suggestions appreciated.
Start at the beginning Spooky - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Perfect. Thank you. Can't wait to put this paid member business to work. That week of 'no KatG' about did me in.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Damn McNally gone... I could never get a handle on dude. Seemed like a tormented soul. Ah well... hope he finds some peace up in Canada.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
hope he finds some peace up in Canada.
Saw him today, he seemed pretty happy.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

McNally, Spooky, etc...

So...what am I missing. Just finished KatG #193 and 194 (concerning Spooky) and have heard the majority of McNally episodes. As a fan of the show, I don't get it. Both Spooky and McNally seem like intelligent, KatG fans/ Guests of the show. How the fuck do they fly off the deep end. I don't understand. There's no fucking way one can blame Keith or Chemda. My favorite thing about both hosts is that they maintain their respective 'personas' of no bull-shit, honest, questions. I haven't listened to enough 'Spooky ' episodes, but I think people get sucked into the 'reveal all' vortex of KAtG and some can handle it, (IE Lead singer of Bridget and the Squares - and some simply cannot) I didn't like McNally, at first. I'm American and maybe I found him too abrasive. Then I get into him. Kinda respect his 'Fuck You' mentality. Then he bitches OUT?? WTF. I hope he comes to his senses. It's not fair to K or C to simply flee to Canada. I'm not sure of the whole story, but I'm beginning to see a pattern of people who are evolved and not scared to ask personal questions, go on this show and get confronted w/ next level shit... Either confront your demons, or flee to Canada. Either way, can you run from yourself? [insert resounding echo of 'no' here]
Old 08-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

Editing?

Was it just my phone cutting out or was the show edited? The transition from talking about other LA podcasters to the whole McNally situation seemed weird.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_L8 View Post
Was it just my phone cutting out or was the show edited? The transition from talking about other LA podcasters to the whole McNally situation seemed weird.
Yeah, they had sound problems and had to edit parts of the show. There are a couple of points where it's obvious but for the most part I thought it still flowed pretty good.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

I listened to this show with a sense of dread when Keith starting reading out all the forum responses to the show notes, because my response was a tad chainsaw-y. As BrianAlt said, it could have helped or harmed, depending on where McNally's head was at, which would have been exacerbated by repeating it on air. Thankfully Keith chose not to read it, which I think was the right decision. (Haven't listened to 1639 yet, hopefully he doesn't there!)

Sounds like McNally's in a better place, literally and emotionally. Good for him.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
my response was a tad chainsaw-y. As BrianAlt said, it could have helped or harmed, depending on where McNally's head was at, which would have been exacerbated by repeating it on air. Thankfully Keith chose not to read it, which I think was the right decision. (Haven't listened to 1639 yet, hopefully he doesn't there!)
Are you new here? Monty. C'mon. Everything you write here is fair fodder on air. Everything. Maybe he should have. I like that Keith keeps folks accountable for the things that come out of their brains. What you say here on the forums IS saying it directly to those people. Words matter. If you felt what you wrote could really do harm to our friend, why put it out there? Sure as shit he read it.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #30 (permalink)

I really hope McNally will still be a part of the show in future. Yeah he was kinda aggressive and crazy on MNIK, but in general he is always a funny and interesting guest. When I met him in New York, he was one of the friendliest, nicest people I hung out with. He also let me know in advance that he couldn't afford to buy me a drink when I offered to get him one, which I thought was very decent of him.

@ Kyle, I would happily help you out next time you are starving dude, just PM me.