Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have Bridget and the Squares' new album?
Yes 15 17.05%
No 55 62.50%
Getting it soon 18 20.45%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
whats the "wind" noise in this ep? the air conditioning or a fan maybe?
In vino veritas.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

First of all thank Keith and Chemda for posting a link to that episode. The DVD really was spectacular. Excellently produced and performed.

As for Bridgette and the Squares. Just bought the album. Their in-studio performances are always spectacular.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
In vino veritas.
HA! - nice callback
Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
Lance has never tested positive, they've never presented evidence, but he probably was because almost everyone was.

I keep hearing people say this, but what about the blood samples from 2009 and 2010 that keep getting referenced in articles? Also, 10 witnesses, several of whom say that they doped with Armstrong, is not "no evidence." Witnesses are evidence.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Shipping records

I used to work for a record label and we'd send records out in pizza boxes.

They're the same size as a record, they're crazy cheap, and they're sturdy enough to ship vinyl internationally.

Plus, you only need once piece of tape.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Oh, Oh, Oh

I sponsored BATS on KickStarter and have been listening to their new albums for a few weeks now. I really like the new tracks. But then again I have been a fan of BATS for years and I really like 'Still Life' as well. The new songs for the most part seem a little darker and at times faster and angrier.

Although 'Good Morning' is entirely instrumental, it is infectious and I love the fast interplay between the keyboard and drums. This new faster keyboarding and drums sound is also heard in 'Mouth' which is just as catchy (possibly the same sound?).

Music is very personal and everyone has their own preferences, but if you liked 'Still Life' you're going to at least like 'Kill' and 'Destroy'.

I was hoping their would be a KickStarter option to just pay for the digital download alone because usually, after ripping a CD, I just throw packaging and possible CDs away to save space. But now that I hear how cool this CD is packaged, I'm excited to see it. But in the future, it would save some work to just provide an option to not get a CD.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I keep hearing people say this, but what about the blood samples from 2009 and 2010 that keep getting referenced in articles? Also, 10 witnesses, several of whom say that they doped with Armstrong, is not "no evidence." Witnesses are evidence.
Yes. By virtue of not participating in the appeals process, he has waived his opportunity to dispute this evidence. Realistically, the only reason to do so is to attempt to preserve his image by hoping that a portion of people simply ignore all of this evidence because it doesn't get reviewed and analyzed during appeals.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

1 in 5 is 20%. 17% is closer to 1 in 6 (16.67%).

I know it's not that big a difference, but the article wrote 1 in 5 to make it sound a little worse.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
Cyclists do get tested regularly in and out of competition - the American agency can turn up to their houses whenever they want and if they don't do a test then and there they will be suspended. A lot of these stories are about them retesting samples years later and finding things they couldn't at the time.

Lance has never tested positive, they've never presented evidence, but he probably was because almost everyone was. If you look at this article, there is a graph in the middle of the page that shows the top 10 from each year he won. Every rider in grey has been busted for drugs.
What A Mess… | Cycling Tips

He hasn't admitted to anything yet - here's his statement:
Why Lance conceded drug fight | Fox Sports

If they went back and retested Olympians samples from the 80's with the technology they have now, they'd have to rewrite the entire history book of results, so where do you stop? 6 out of the 8 runners in the 1988 100 meters final tested positive.
That first article was awesome.

Especially that graph with the greyed out riders, it really makes you think he has to be guilty if everyone behind him was on the juice and got caught but still couldn't beat him!

Couple of points though, The USADA formed (2000) after he started winning TDF's (1999) They weren't there from the beginning and arguably have an axe to grind with Lance specifically but definitely would benefit from taking down an athlete as high profile as him.

Also Lance passed over 500 drug tests so if he was doping, he not only found a way to pass the tests but he found a way which no-one not even his team mates, who were in on the conspiracy, could duplicate because they all got caught. Seems unlikely right?

Also the USADA is the only anti doping agency in the world afaik which can get a "conviction" based solely on witness testimony. All other agencies need a failed test or an admission of guilt minimum.

So you could say all the other anti-doping agencies are weak and limp wristed because they let people get away with stuff cept that they find people guilty all the time and have been for years and still did even this year! They take the stuff seriously and have thoroughly given Lance a working over for years and came up with nothing. Then a new doping agency comes along and says we don't need tests we'll just find a couple disgruntled former teammates and take him down that way.

Having said that he might have been a cheat after all and what do I care I'm not American anyways. What do I care if you throw your greatest endurance athlete of all time under the bus.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Listened to Kill and Destroy this morning fucking fantastic. Great album. Such great quality too. Well worth the $10.