Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN THAT DATE WOMEN ONLY, PLEASE
I agree with Keith. Men just have to take this abuse. It’s the way it is. 74 56.49%
I agree with Chemda. It doesn’t have to be this way. 34 25.95%
I’m not a man that dates women. 23 17.56%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Well it's not the same kind, obviously. I think her point was more that everyone has mood swings and/or bad days. It's not like women make more bad decisions on a daily basis just because of menstruation.
Then its kind of pointless to mention isn't it? Sure a lot of men have mood swings from time to time but don't women have mood swings while not on their periods too?
For the record I'm with Chemda when she says that alot of women especially those who make it into power know how to handle it. It makes sense to me, knida like how if you know how to drink you can pull off a couple beers without anyone noticing you've had any.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post

Equality means equality. You don't get away with shit for having 2 x chromosomes.
Yes. We shouldn't ignore our differences but we also shouldn't think of them as an "excuse" for anything.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

I really do not think that men are at fault for thinking that women cannot handle being approached about their irrational or abusive behaviour during menstration. A lot of women still believe that periods are a touchy subject, one that should not be shared with their male lover/partner. These ladies need to take a lesson from lesbians.

We are two chicks in a relationship, both prone to torturous cycles and vicious PMS, but because we have very open and honest communication, we can question each other's behaviour. You need to tell the bitch when she's acting cunty - maybe she doesn't know about it, maybe she does. But she does not get to use PMS as an excuse, or get offended if a man (or a woman) brings it up as a possible reason behind her cuntiness.

Men, treat woman's Bloody Week as a week long migraine. Understand that she's not feeling well, offer a little more cuddles and support than usual. But you don't have to be a masochist in this. Don't accept the abuse, its simple as that.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm lucky. My wife doesn't really change during her period. Well at least not in the ways that I hear other men talk about. I don't know if I could handle someone that did completely flip the fuck out every time they had a period. Well at least not in a relationship.

We used to work with a woman a long time ago who was mean 24/7 but especially mean about 4 days around the same period every month. We started secretly charting it on a small calendar we hid in my boss' desk. It was pretty accurate.

So I guess I'd just say it varies by the woman. Which I guess isn't saying much at all. lol
Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

I volcano face pretty bad right before my period. I'm aware of it and try like hell to stay low and not make big decisions during it. Bear is a sweet man, but he sure as shit draws a line when I start being mean, and I do. There may be fire ants in my brain, but I'm still a grown up with choices and responsibility regarding my behavior. no excuses, ladies. respect your partner.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'd like to think that I am not really prone to mood swings in general and specifically not due to any menstural cycle and yes I know that according to Keith me saying this means the exact opposite (see all low maintenance girls') but I really think it is true and I have to thank my lovely amazeballs IUD hormonal birthcontrol for it - I <3 my Mirena!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think Keith's point was not that some women won't respond well to the kind of advice that Chemda suggests, but a lot of women's response when you even bring up the possibility of PMS being a factor in their bad behavior is to get very, very mad.

Plus, there is the subtle social expectation that men simply have to put up with a certain amount of BS surrounding periods. It's not like a single guy can say individually, "okay, I'm not putting up with this any more" when all guys are expected to deal with this.

Chemda's response (not counting the president part) reminded me of when she talks about her ethnic parents and people don't believe her or act like they have a magic solution that will fix things.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Put male pronouns in place of the female ones when you're talking about "taking the abuse". Would society be ok with that?!

If you don't like how your partner is treating you then you say something and leave if they can't understand.

If you can't do that because you'd be in the minority then what can anyone do to help. "women get mad because period talk is touchy"?! Who gives a shit?! Money is a touchy subject too. Learn to speak and listen or you don't deserve to be in any kind of relationship.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But all women aren't touchy when it comes to talking about money.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Somene is always touchy about SOMETHING. You still have to talk about it. SOME women don't get affected by their period.