Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN THAT DATE WOMEN ONLY, PLEASE
I agree with Keith. Men just have to take this abuse. It’s the way it is. 74 56.49%
I agree with Chemda. It doesn’t have to be this way. 34 25.95%
I’m not a man that dates women. 23 17.56%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

I used to be super sensitive, like Keith says, and get angry when it was brought up. But then I grew the fuck up.

Women are totally capable of being rational about this sort of thing.

Men, maybe try bringing it up when she's not on her period anymore. Whatever logic lapse in the male mind causes you to almost always bring up this subject at the exact wrong time might be the actual "male period."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

Maybe the male equivalent of a period is when men become stupefied zombie assholes in the presence of hot women?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
Men, maybe try bringing it up when she's not on her period anymore. Whatever logic lapse in the male mind causes you to almost always bring up this subject at the exact wrong time might be the actual "male period."
Bringing up the female period at the wrong time, which is when it's affecting us, is, ironically, us men being on OUR periods...

Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Maybe the male equivalent of a period is when men become stupefied zombie assholes in the presence of hot women?
Another interesting thought. Maybe any time us men do something wrong it's OUR periods, which I guess happens all the time but only lasts a few moments?

For example, I just misplaced my TV remote. I was most likely on my period.

A lot to think about today...
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Somene is always touchy about SOMETHING. You still have to talk about it. SOME women don't get affected by their period.
Where is this unicorn you speak of?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Isn't it a little disrespectful and dismissive to let a significant other; one CARES and LOVES abuse them? Both disrespectful to oneself because one is inviting heartache and drama and disrespectful to the other because one is literally letting them act out? Like their otherwise rational or most likely irrational feelings mean nothing? Irrational or not it's still meaningful to the significant other. No?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #26 (permalink)

I feel like there's a moderate percentage of women that view PMS as simply having a shorter fuse or lower tolerance rather than being irrational.

This mindset lends itself to women thinking that men are still the trigger for why they're angry rather than acknowledging that PMS itself is making them irrational.

Not that all women are irrational on their period, but the ones that get screamy tend to view that time of the month as just a time when their tolerance to frustration is low. When in fact they're probably a bit irrational as well as dealing with a low tolerance.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 08-29-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Calibrating post for minimum recoil
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Gentlemen, I dont think youre reading the girls' replies right. We understand that A LOT of women are touchy about their periods, but not ALL women are. There are clear examples of women on this forum that learned how to NOT be sensitive about their monthly punishment and these are the same women who are encouraging the rest of the female kind to follow suit.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I hear you, but then said women say something like, "It's OUR periods as men that make us ask what's going on at the wrong time."

That negates a lot of the responsibility they said they were taking.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I hear you, but then said women say something like, "It's OUR periods as men that make us ask what's going on at the wrong time."

That negates a lot of the responsibility they said they were taking.
The "male period" thing was a joke. However the sentiment was real. I know it sounds a lot like victim blaming, and I'm sorry that's how you heard it. It's still not your fault. Just like it's not my fault if I get raped if I drink too much at a party and pass out, it's clearly the rapist's fault. That doesn't mean it was a smart thing for me to do.

It is the female's responsibility to deal with her issues when they are clearly affecting those around them. Part of dealing with their issues is to say "hey sweetie, could you not bring up any issues you are having with me when I am clearly in freak out mode?" Maybe I am saying that on behalf of all your girlfriends right now, sweeties.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
I know it sounds a lot like victim blaming, and I'm sorry that's how you heard it. It's still not your fault. Just like it's not my fault if I get raped if I drink too much at a party and pass out, it's clearly the rapist's fault. That doesn't mean it was a smart thing for me to do.
Right. It's not a smart thing to bring up when they're going through this.

I think that was my entire point.