Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1645: The Civil War II (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1645-civil-war-ii-17238/)

Sparrow 09-01-2012 05:35 PM

be a regular person? i don't know. how do people reference Chemda's background without calling her a money hungry jew whose people need to be removed?

DaveNJ 09-01-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 732321)
be a regular person? i don't know. how do people reference Chemda's background without calling her a money hungry jew whose people need to be removed?

So how do you think one should accurately denigrate the South for its past/present political and social positions? Or should this not even be discussed with respect to matters like Keith's hypothetical civil war?

rodimusprime 09-01-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzgal (Post 732305)
Remember seven months ago when they all hated Clint Eastwood's guts because he did a Superbowl ad that basically said, "Isn't it nice that the American car industry is starting to recover?" I do! I also remember Mitt Romney saying that we should let Detroit fail.

Fuck a civil war, I say let the assholes secede. Red states tend to take more in federal money than they pay in taxes. Let's see how long they last without being subsidized by the blue states.

:):)

Dean from Australia 09-01-2012 09:41 PM

I was wrong.

And I was was inconsiderate of Danny in the sense that I didn't even give his shiw a try before passing a judgement on it. My initial remark was an off hand question without thought to Danny.

As a VIP I have the luxury of picking and choosing what content I listen to and what to pass on. And, as such, the right thing to do is not pass jisgement on something without giving it a try.

So in that vein I downloaded the second episode without knowing what the content was and listened to it. And I was shocked. That might be a fair or unfair reaction depending on your point of view but that was my point of view. And I reacted accordingly. It wasn't good - I was an arsehole for it.

So I thought about it. And I thought about all the times I've heard Danny on the core show and thought about how much I enjoyed him on those shows. He is funny and crazy. I've read Danny's blog. And he's a really good writer. I thought about what Keith said about Danny trying to make a go of it in NY.

So I listened to both Danny's shows in that context. I'll be listening again.

Keith 09-01-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean from Australia (Post 732332)
My initial remark was an off hand question without thought to Danny.

You keep saying that, but, to be fair, Danny explained what got his goat.

Dean from Australia 09-01-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 732335)
You keep saying that, but, to be fair, Danny explained what got his goat.

Keith - I was wrong...no excuses.

Keith 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

Just pointing out what is right.

But look: if you and Danny were both hanging off a cliff and I could only save one of you, I'd go out of my way to knock Danny off.

He'd like the attention.

Dean from Australia 09-01-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 732337)
Just pointing out what is right.

But look: if you and Danny were both hanging off a cliff and I could only save one of you, I'd go out of my way to knock Danny off.

He'd like the attention.

Danny knows how I feel.

Bucho 09-02-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean from Australia (Post 732332)
I was wrong.

And I was was inconsiderate of Danny in the sense that I didn't even give his show a try before passing a judgement on it. My initial remark was an off hand question without thought to Danny.

As a VIP I have the luxury of picking and choosing what content I listen to and what to pass on. And, as such, the right thing to do is not pass judgement on something without giving it a try.

So in that vein I downloaded the second episode without knowing what the content was and listened to it. And I was shocked. That might be a fair or unfair reaction depending on your point of view but that was my point of view. And I reacted accordingly. It wasn't good - I was an arsehole for it.

So I thought about it. And I thought about all the times I've heard Danny on the core show and thought about how much I enjoyed him on those shows. He is funny and crazy. I've read Danny's blog. And he's a really good writer. I thought about what Keith said about Danny trying to make a go of it in NY.

So I listened to both Danny's shows in that context. I'll be listening again.

Dean, I salute you.

Sparrow 09-02-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 732322)
So how do you think one should accurately denigrate the South for its past/present political and social positions?

Or should this not even be discussed with respect to matters like Keith's hypothetical civil war?

i understand my people and our history. we are blighted by our past and embarrassed by our trash. why do you feel like it's your right and duty to defame us all and deny the validity and importance of our current contributions? it's much easier to toss us all off as hillbillies than to have an actual conversation. i'm not even sure a conversation about it could take place without it devolving into barefoot and pregnant jokes. we are a vast, beautiful region and i am awful proud to be from here. my brother and i weren't raised in a hate culture nor have we fucked each other. there are good things here and good people fighting the stereotypes. it's my life's work. so, to answer how one should denigrate my people: how about let's not.

with respect to Keith's civil war--which, while dividing is the way wrong way to go about fixing our country (divided we fall, y'all)--the tension is excrutiatingly thick in our country and a good rumble and tumble would go a long way. men's physical release opens doors to more civil discourse. it'll start when someone pretty dies. don't worry. also, i believe the "other" side in the discussion included all the red states. it's funny how any reference to backward assholery reads FULL SOUTH to everyone. well, it's not funny. i get it. it's still not nice.