Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1648: A Thousand Years of Darkness (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1648-thousand-years-darkness-17247/)

Keith 09-06-2012 09:01 PM

1648: A Thousand Years of Darkness

"Half of this room is paid for by me, not by your dick."

Home

Get his paperbacks The Rookie and The Starter. Throw in code KATG.
Please report back. Support DIY if you dig what they do.

Sparrow 09-06-2012 09:22 PM

thank you for today's show. i am also shit terrible at keeping up with my crowd via social media. being a hermetic eccentric keeps me less in touch with our college crowd. i know i don't post enough, but i don't want to be that douchebag that inundates your shit so often you start to ignore it. esp. when everyone knows it's me, Bird.

WSEIII 09-07-2012 12:02 AM

My parental units (Conehead reference) were infuriated when I mentioned writing in Mickey Mouse (President) and Donald Duck (Vice President)

Even though I'm a Republican I am thinking about casting my vote for Obama. If Mitt could get me three sexy wives however, I might vote for him.

Andrea's toothbrush 09-07-2012 05:24 AM

Keith, if "no one" votes, there will still be a president elected. The electoral college votes for the President on our behalf. The electoral college in each state vote for whomever wins the popular vote there. If the citizens refuse to vote, the electoral college will vote someone in office. The founding fathers never trusted the American citizens' to choose their own President.

ssgtballard 09-07-2012 05:38 AM

I think this is the first time I have agreed with Keith on anything to do with politics. The two party system is ruining this country and exactly like sports. Everyone should vote in a third party so that washington has to do real compromise and can't continue to pass shit laws that don't really address the issues only the hot news topics

Blitzgal 09-07-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSEIII (Post 732959)
If Mitt could get me three sexy wives however, I might vote for him.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/07/Pretty-Ladies.jpg

JSZilla 09-07-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgtballard (Post 732970)
I think this is the first time I have agreed with Keith on anything to do with politics. The two party system is ruining this country and exactly like sports. Everyone should vote in a third party so that Washington has to do real compromise and can't continue to pass shit laws that don't really address the issues only the hot news topics

I dunno about the latter but I agree. What's funny is I listened to Casey and Carmen this morning; cause I hate myself. And they LITERALLY SAID it is like sports and the other team will lose etc. It's gotten so bad from mudslinging to blatant lie, what's the fucking point? Look at some of these sites. With the bullshit radar ready and then even see the sites sources if you want. Politifact.comand Factcheck.org. Ryan can't stop lying and even Fox News reported it. Meanwhile, the Democrats exaggerated here and there. Sure maybe not as bad as say the other side...Name of the game (spin), maybe. It just seems weird. Leading me to. Personally, I think it took Biden to "evolve" Barak on the gay issue. He wouldn't of done it, imo. Putting him on the spot. Now, thanks to hard-ons like Santorum we get to talk about bullshit that should be 30 years irrelevant. The newest is the "putting God and Israel back" into the equation that the Republicans will not let go; is hilarious. They literally said "OMG THEY ARE GODLESS LOOK THEY HAD TO EDIT IT!". Maybe or maybe not. But it should be more unnerving that God HAS to even be IN the equation. Whatever happened to Separation of Church and State? What 3rd party alternatives are there? Is there a honest candidate? Why does religion even need to be brought up? That's stupid and unconstitutional. Why can't anyone say, "Oh yeah, the 14th Amendment guarantees gay marriage?" or marriage has no sanctity it's a fucking legal binding contract the end. I'm a piece of shit what do I know. I should go talk to that dude who says the Illuminati runs us and tell him I joined them.
lol

thelastknowngod 09-07-2012 10:03 AM

Few tips about traveling light:
  1. Only take what you absolutely need. Clothes, laptop, cell, toiletries.. That's about it. If it would be convenient to have but you don't need it, don't take it. I pack clothes for no more than a week. If I'm going longer then I stop at a laundromat.
  2. Roll your clothes. You can pack your stuff much tighter in a bag like this than just leaving it folded. Don't worry about rolling or packing too tightly.. they're just clothes. They'll be fine.
  3. Bring clothes you were planning on getting rid of anyway. After you wear them you can just throw them out or donate them to have more room for souvenirs or whatever.

Usually, the airlines allow you to bring a carry on and a personal item for free. Some airlines, like Spirit in the US and RyanAir in Europe, will charge for the carry on but the personal item is free. A personal item is considered anything that will fit under the seat in front of you. The carry on is what goes in the overhead bin. If you are flying Spirit and you have two small bags you should only need to pay for one of them, although, I just flew from Chicago to Denver last weekend and brought a carry on without paying for it. I checked in and printed my pass before getting to the airport (they will charge you to do both at the airport) and just walked on. Granted, the flight was not full so your mileage may vary. It's been my experience that the gate employees don't care as long as it will fit in the overhead.

The super cheap airlines will nickel and dime you if you don't know how to play the game. Travel light and you should be fine.

Also, you could just ship your bags. Depending on how big they are it may be cheaper to go this route. Generally mail doesn't get lost as often as luggage either.

I travel a LOT. I'll have flown over 20 times in 2012 by the end of the year.. I do it on the cheap and rarely carry many possessions. I get annoyed when I sit still for too long.

Enunciated Piffle 09-07-2012 11:52 AM

This election feels exactly like the last one. Obama is going to win. The Republicans have what seems to be: nothing. Mitt is a fucking cult member and his VP nominee is essentially Sarah Palin w/ a dick. Why are we paying any attention to this?

Sparrow 09-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 733087)
Why are we paying any attention to this?

our not paying attention is why we're in this mess.