Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-04-2005, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

KATG can you guys PLEASE fix your audio. The audio levels of your podcast are not low because we have shit equipment, they're low because your file is produced with too low a level (your "sweet Bose" monitors might even be the problem, turn them down).

You guys are the quietest podcast I download. I have to crank my iPod to the max to hear anything.

Your Audacity meters should be in the 0db to -3db range and you should be using a compressor/limiter plug-in to normalize your audio after recording to make everything sound equal.

This quietness is a new development too that started happening about 2 weeks ago. It's progressively getting quieter. Turn it back up!

Thanks! (I voted 10 times today from 10 different computers at work! )
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

okay...some random shit here. but i had to give keith and chemda props on properly pronouncing the word, "pecan". i'm so stoked to hear that i'm not the only one to pronounce it "pee-can" and not "pi-kahn". everyone always gives me a hard time over this. but now i can point them to your show and feel vindicated in my speech. thanks guys.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
LD

Audio is fine for me. With the exception of phone-in quality KATG have the clearest audio of any podcast I listen to.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
okay...some random shit here. but i had to give keith and chemda props on properly pronouncing the word, "pecan". i'm so stoked to hear that i'm not the only one to pronounce it "pee-can" and not "pi-kahn". everyone always gives me a hard time over this. but now i can point them to your show and feel vindicated in my speech. thanks guys.
I pronounce it pee-can. And I think any self-respecting southerner does the same. Tell those punks where they can shove their pi-kahns!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

thank you frog! thank you!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD
Audio is fine for me. With the exception of phone-in quality KATG have the clearest audio of any podcast I listen to.
Listen to KATG on your iPod (the iTunes feed), then while it's going, switch to Daily Source Code without changing your volume and you'll see what I'm talking about. (brace you're ears, KATG is 10db lower than any other Podcast).
Old 11-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD
With the exception of phone-in quality
They'll never get that to work right with a consumer level internet connection and one computer at their studio. They would need at least a business class DSL/Cable connection of 1.5Kbps both up down and a separate machine just for Skype to make that work like they want.

You can't record audio, and talk on Skype at the same time on one computer and have Skype piped in via a standard DSL or cable line and be surfing the net at the same time. Just won't work.

I never understood why they didn't just get a regular landline into their house with a separate unlisted phone number from SBC (or is it NYNEX?) and then buy a $19 Radio Shack adaptor that would let them plug that into their sound card or mixer. Would work 10 times better than Skype.

Anyway, no biggie, the only good calls are the 14 year olds getting blow jobs which only happened once.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

my pleasure!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
Your going to use a guy who says Bear for beer, as an example.

Guess what, you must be wrong...
Old 11-05-2005, 08:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

evil laugh

Chemda's "evil laugh" is pretty freaking contageous. I listen to KATG on my ipod on the way to/from work on the light-rail system. Whenever Chemda starts up with one of her evil laugh episodes, I have to pinch myself to keep from busting up. Kind of reminds me of when I had to go the church as a kid and my buddies and I tried to crack each other up to get each other in trouble...if that makes any sense.

For some reason, I thought that the "Stupid Terrets" thing an impression of Drew Domkus on the DND show....??