Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose fault is it that Seth MacFarlane missed the microphone?
It's probably Seth's 50 62.50%
It's probably the producer's 30 37.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognegro13x View Post
It's not a speech, they don't cut musical sets short without telling the musicians. I fail to see how he didn't know, or someone who should have informed (agent) him missed the ball. After looking at it a number of times it does look more like a publicity stunt, but yet it doesn't make me want to go buy one of their songs. Instead, the opposite.
Yeah, the way he paused between Fuck Yous and that he made sure to mention Justin Beiber...it was too slick, he was getting the crowd roused up, giving them exactly what they wanted, and showed exactly what a tool he can be. And get some new eyeliner already...grunge is out.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Seth MacFarlane is perfect and void of flaw in every way. He was the greatest host of those Comedy Central Roasts. Therefore, to suggest otherwise, is communism. So, fuck the producers. Also, fuck that Green Day guy. When did he become relevant? Another career comes to a screeching halt in Las Vegas. Shocking...
Yeah it was a pretty lame stunt, I guess he was upset that he wouldn't have enough time to play the "new song" or whatever? Should've just kept it moving and played the last song no matter what was on screen, I doubt they would've rushed them off the stage.

Green Day's actually been pretty relevant, btw. All their records sell millions. Not that it makes the melt-down any less bitchmade.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I don't know Green Day well enough to know what his speaking accent normally is, but that is the best impersonation of champion meltdowner Christian Bale's weirdo mid-Atlantic accent I've ever heard.
Of course you realize that now this will be musically remixed and edited on Youtube. Then auto-tuned.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

First time I looked at a picture of Tim D. was because of this episode. Can someone feed the poor bastard. I know I grew up in ND and we seem to be a bit husky (because of the long winters :-)) in the fly-overs but dude looks like he needs Sally Struthers to rescue him.

Just a note for reference, saw Jesse live in Minneapolis so I can judge and yes that's actually an emoticon double chin, not just a parenthesis.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echos Myron View Post
Yeah it was a pretty lame stunt, I guess he was upset that he wouldn't have enough time to play the "new song" or whatever? Should've just kept it moving and played the last song no matter what was on screen, I doubt they would've rushed them off the stage.

Green Day's actually been pretty relevant, btw. All their records sell millions. Not that it makes the melt-down any less bitchmade.
Green Day had American Idiot, then the album became a Tony Award Winning play. Then the album 21st Century Breakdown came out. That's in the span of the last 3 years. I would say they are still relevant.

Their newest album Uno! came out on Monday.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooKid View Post
Green Day had American Idiot, then the album became a Tony Award Winning play. Then the album 21st Century Breakdown came out. That's in the span of the last 3 years. I would say they are still relevant.

Spiderman has had, like, 5 movies in the last 10 years, but I wouldn't say he is that relevant to society.

This isn't to belittle Green Day at all...I know there are plenty of agnsty people out there that want to rage against the machine.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooKid View Post

I don't know anyone who has seen that play, and I probably don't know anyone who knows anyone who's seen that play. I couldn't name one other Tony award winner from this year. I know the Tony Awards won an Emmy, thanks to KATG. I know Uno came out after hearing about this rant on KATG and trying to figure out what they've got going on that would make Billie Joe pull this stunt. I didn't know 21st Century had some out whenever it did, and I haven't heard a single off of it. They might be prolific, but they aren't relevant, at least not to my life, and I would imagine the lives of many others. I also just found out that there is a Green Day version of Angry Birds. When I hear that, my only emotional reaction is apathy. If having relevance in this world means stirring up everyone's raging sense of apathy, then I would agree with you. To have relevance means the game is somehow changed because of your presence.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronduke View Post
First time I looked at a picture of Tim D. was because of this episode. Can someone feed the poor bastard. I know I grew up in ND and we seem to be a bit husky (because of the long winters :-)) in the fly-overs but dude looks like he needs Sally Struthers to rescue him.
People have a warped view of normal weight. Somehow fat has become the normal.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

He's definitely not the man I fell in love with. He's gone all Hollywood.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Eh, Greenday always sucked, trying to claim the banner of punk rock whilst being the most vanilla, mainstream version of punk that's ever existed.

Yup. They are punk like Averil Lavigne is punk.