Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you eat horse meat?
Yes 67 63.81%
No 38 36.19%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Screw background checks. I propose a basic written test of about a hundred questions or so that require simple skills such as reading comprehension, basic problem solving and critical thinking. You pass, you get to own a gun. That way we at least know that, that person won’t think it’s a good idea to start a nail by using a hand gun and most likely they won’t be hanging around someone who thinks it’s a good idea either.
I like the theory, though still not a solution

I'm sure the Batman, Virgina Tech, and Columbine shooters could pass this proposed test it reminds me of the damn standard test you take every couple of years in public school

The right would also would make an argument I'm sure about how you shouldn't need no book learnin to defend your family and magically become a super hero (like everyone would have in these massacre scenarios I'm sure) when a shooting takes place.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As long as Keith doesn't have to give anything up, then he's fine with nobody having the freedom.

Smoking - Keith doesn't smoke, so get rid of it
Big Gulps - Keith doesn't drink them, so get rid of it
Guns - Keith doesn't own one, so get rid of it
Alcohol - WHOA, wait a second, Keith likes beer, beer should be allowed everywhere, you should be able to drink it in the middle of the streets!

How is alcohol beneficial? Guns, you can at least make an argument towards self protection. Alcohol has no positive benefit, it's purely a self indulgent vice. And I think we can all agree that alcohol kills more people than guns.

If you're under the guise of "banning for the protection of others", then you have to be consistent with your bans. Not just banning what you don't like.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck you!

Ah, been awhile since I've caught one.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
As long as Keith doesn't have to give anything up, then he's fine with nobody having the freedom.

Smoking - Keith doesn't smoke, so get rid of it
Big Gulps - Keith doesn't drink them, so get rid of it
Guns - Keith doesn't own one, so get rid of it
Alcohol - WHOA, wait a second, Keith likes beer, beer should be allowed everywhere, you should be able to drink it in the middle of the streets!

How is alcohol beneficial? Guns, you can at least make an argument towards self protection. Alcohol has no positive benefit, it's purely a self indulgent vice. And I think we can all agree that alcohol kills more people than guns.

If you're under the guise of "banning for the protection of others", then you have to be consistent with your bans. Not just banning what you don't like.
First off, the gun is the craziest one because it's made to kill.

I've never been held up by a cigarette.

Secondly, I'm fine with banning alcohol as well, you smug douche.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

I know Keith argued getting rid of guns completely on the show, but I do just want to say something about goldfinger's comparisons to smoking and drink sizes -- regulating the use of an item is not banning that item. Telling people not to smoke in public areas is not "getting rid of" cigarettes. New York's soda size ban doesn't even ban free refills, so you can drink as much soda as you want.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
I like the theory, though still not a solution

I'm sure the Batman, Virgina Tech, and Columbine shooters could pass this proposed test it.
I think they would be able to pass the test easily. But in their cases guns being readily available wasn't the problem. Severe mental disorder was. If they weren't able to get guns they would have acted out violently in other ways. Its the mentality that needs to change, but no one is making a case for doing so cause it requires too much effort.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I think they would be able to pass the test easily. But in their cases guns being readily available wasn't the problem. Severe mental disorder was. If they weren't able to get guns they would have acted out violently in other ways. Its the mentality that needs to change, but no one is making a case for doing so cause it requires too much effort.
Can you give us an example of how you would have changed the mentality of these killers?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

It's true they would have acted out violently in other ways, but without the guns they used, their body count would not be as high. After the Oklahoma City bombing, we regulated the sale of the fertilizer used to make the bomb by keeping track of who was buying large amounts of it. Why is it so crazy to point out that we should also keep track of people who buy 6,000 bullets in two months (like Holmes did)?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, have Patrice on MNiK. That way you can ask her all of the burning questions you've been wanting to ask and you can make $20 per drink at the same time! Should be a pretty penny by the end.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yesterday night was filled with boredom so I decided to look into this whole NFL thing. As I only watch the Super Bowls and never watch any other sport or game. But this whole ref situation is fucking awesome!! I might have to watch more game snow! There's a bunch of calls on youtube. It's great. The announcers are the best part. It's become comedy hour while the whole crowd is booing. There's also a funny skit Conan did on this also well worth checking out.