Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is this new generation of young adults the worst generation of young adults?
Yes 45 42.86%
No 60 57.14%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Oh boy... It may be because I am a part of the new generation (I'm 23, where do I fit in?) that Joe Deroza so kindly shat on, but I am really offended.
Yes, there are many mindless tweens on Twitter that bitch and complain about how hard life yes.
Yes, there are many stunted blondes with big tits on YouTube that think their opinions matter.
And yes, there are many dumbasses that believe that just because they wake up in the morning, that they must be of some importance in the society.
However, I finished 4 years of university, graduated within the top of my class, but was unable to go into teaching simply because the previous generation fucked it up for me. Baby boomers decided that they did not want to retire, and pushed the retirement age back a few more years. Men and women, who are over 60 years old, continue to teach our youth. Not because they are better than the young teachers today, but simply because they do not want to stop working. They have changed the system so that it is impossible to push your way into the system. To find a teaching job, you must know a principle on a personal level, or travel to bum fuck nowhere and teach the Aboriginal communities. It's fucked. And the new generation is not to blame for such a fuck up. There are many more examples of how the elder generations ruined the world for the new ones.
Also, banner ads - they still work. They are altered a little and have become far more personal. Advertising through Facebook allows you to choose down to the race of the group you want to advertise to. Women with a "in relationship" status will be constantly haunted by ads for engagement rings, while single dudes will be exposed to many ads for paintball. And you'd be surprised how well this type of marketing works.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
Oh boy... It may be because I am a part of the new generation (I'm 23, where do I fit in?) that Joe Deroza so kindly shat on, but I am really offended.

It's okay; people have been making these same complaints every generation for centuries. There's fucking papyrus complaining about "the lack of respect of today's youth." Just don't take it seriously. You'll find yourself saying the same thing when you're older. Think of it as a rite of passage.

In the past, teenagers put their comments down on paper or just said them to their immediate circle of friends. Now they get to say the exact same stuff on the internet, where thousands of people can see it immediately. The only change here is in technology and access to information, not humanity.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 10-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
I finished 4 years of university, graduated within the top of my class, but was unable to go into teaching simply because the previous generation fucked it up for me. Baby boomers decided that they did not want to retire, and pushed the retirement age back a few more years. Men and women, who are over 60 years old, continue to teach our youth. Not because they are better than the young teachers today, but simply because they do not want to stop working.
These assholes just love working! It's like, "Okay, already! You had your fun working! It's my turn now!"
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

To explain the ball situation, I have two but my right one didn't drop into my scrotum. Cause baby I was born this way.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
These assholes just love working! It's like, "Okay, already! You had your fun working! It's my turn now!"
Why not keep working if you do what you love, and have summers off? In Canada, teachers can enroll in a program where they work 3 years in a row, including summers, and then have an entire year off with 80% pay. Sounds fantastic to me. Employed teachers have amazing health care benefits for themselves and their entire immediate family. Also, baby boomers have not been the smartest generation in terms of financial safety. It's unfortunately true, that many of these teachers are not retiring because they are morons and in their 40 years of work have not saved up for retirement. The reason behind their prolonged teaching careers does not matter, it's the fact that they do not understand how much their stunt the next generation by not moving on. It causes harm not only to aspiring educators, but also to the students they teach.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

To be fair, many baby boomers have not retired because they cannot afford to retire.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Every generation says the next generation is the worst generation because of things like knowledge and technology. As long as people continue to have access to more knowledge and have a willingness to use it the next generation will learn faster and be better situated to handle world issues.

Facebook just exposes the idiots faster, they were there in every generation.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Better situated to handle world issues? Hm.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Nah, their silliness is just much more widely accessible than it was in the past. Keith, you easily convinced girls that you were an undercover cop in high school. Kids are dumb and naive. Always have been. I am so glad we didn't have the internet when I was in high school.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That's not a testament to their idiocy though, but rather a testament to my intelligence. (And bravery.)