Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Jesus gay?
Yes 51 56.67%
No 39 43.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamis View Post
He just called out the Catholic church for the obvious reasons.
Sorry, I was kidding, wasn't clear about it. He had some interesting opinions, he had some annoying opinions. Sometimes I disagreed with him.

Not about the Catholic Church, mind you.

He could voice his opinion, I can disagree. Wouldn't boo him. Don't think he should have been stoned to death. I agree with him about that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDecisionDino View Post
Granted, I already know 90% of people won't have the attention span to sit through 12 minutes of footage from C-SPAN 2.
Definitely more of an explanation than a summation

Lots of audible swallows with this guy. Gross.

You're right, though. That's in line with what Keith is saying.

The last 30 seconds are the most profound. Most people I know, their political standing is based on moral issues, and if it's a question of right or wrong, then there is no room for discussion. The question is more like "how". Even then, people can't seem to relate to each other.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDecisionDino View Post
Most people I know who stopped being racist or homophobic or mysogynist did so because they woke up one day, realized that society was MAKING FUN of their idiocy, and thought "Whoa, why's everyone treating me like an asshole? I better wake up and get with the program!" They weren't convinced by soft-spoken guidance counselors who coddled their fragile sensibilities like little children by pretending that every viewpoint is equally valid.
What you describe there sounds like a personal realization, not something that would arise from being pummeled by riotous commands and marches. I see what you probably mean, but just from reading, it looks like you're putting out two different scenarios. Finding some personal truth can be just as powerful as a riot, and that sort of thing takes either a major, singular event or a slow burn over a long period until you can't take it anymore. It takes something unique to yourself. To then use that spark to try igniting a flame of protest will lead to a quick burnout. If you get pissed one day and convince a few thousand kids to get crazy, then you're gonna get stifled by the cops or nothing will really change. You might turn some people onto your cause, but they'll get caught up in the hoopla and fade just as quickly. But if you take that spark and educate yourself and put time and effort into growing and expanding your beliefs, then, just by virtue of your own self-confidence and willingness to help others do the same, you'll have a much greater impact. You'll have a few hundred really smart people exacting change in very specific ways rather than a mass of idiots jumping on a bandwagon who don't know themselves or what they're pissed at. Maybe that's what you meant. I dunno, but it's a riot all the same. I feel ya. Shit's wound up so tight these days. With religion, for example, you can't just let it all hang out and expect people to change their minds. People are real solid in what they believe. What it's going to take is these people to have some personal moment where they realize everything they've done has been in the name of exclusion and oppression. But you can't expect every priest to pretend to be gay for a year. It's really tough to tell how shit's shaping up and where it's going.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #64 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Christianity Rants

As someone who endured 12 years of Roman Catholic schooling (proud athiest) Best rants on religion/Christianity/Catholic Church yet!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #65 (permalink)

Fuck me.

Talk about rising from the dead (this thread).
Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #66 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
Why do you assume I'm religious at all?

This is the kind of narrow-minded thinking I dislike from these anti-religious/religious people, you're either in or not.
Answer him, Electric Squirrel! It's been over 6 months since either of you said anything but he's ready to continue this conversation NOW.
(Online)   Reply With Quote