Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there any band you would pay Rolling Stones prices to see?
Yes 25 27.78%
No 65 72.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1674: Wizard Staff

"You're being very disrespectful."

Keith and The Girl Store. Surrender
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Well, really, I wouldn't pay Rolling Stones prices for Rolling Stones either.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

On the comment by Keith about the Cove and why the Dolphins don't warn each other (haven't finished the show yet, so if this is pointed out later, I haven't heard it yet) its because the "Dolphin Killers" use sound in the way they catch them.

Quote:
How do they capture the dolphins?

The fishermen of Taiji have developed a highly effective method of locating, capturing and eradicating dolphins, sometimes as many as one hundred or more in a single day. Before sunrise, about 26 fishermen board their 13 motorized boats and head out to deep water where the dolphins migrate. The dolphins have been using these migratory paths for thousands, perhaps millions, of years, and the hunters know exactly where to find them. When a school of dolphins swims by, the fishermen position their boats one behind the other, perfectly evenly spaced. Then they lower several stainless steel poles into the water, one on each side of each boat. The poles are flared out at the bottom much like a bell, which amplifies the sound produced when the hunters repeatedly hit the poles with hammers. The noise creates a wall of sound underwater, and the dolphins suddenly find themselves trapped between this wall of sound and the shoreline. Trying to get away from the sound, the dolphins swim in the opposite direction, toward the shore. The dolphins' panic and loss of navigational sense enable the fishermen to drive them into a small, hidden Cove near Taiji harbor. The fishermen seal the mouth of the Cove with several nets, and the dolphins are trapped.
(taken from Take Action: Frequently Asked Questions | SaveJapanDolphins.org)

So it definitely isn't because the Dolphins are assholes. They maybe assholes, but not for that reason.

HTH
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

First time I've heard Chemda's song. She has a beautiful voice.

Even though the situations with the Catholic church and the Boy Scouts of America are tragic, one can not make a sweeping statement that they're %100 wrong and should be eliminated. These cases must be decided individually. Changes need to be taken to protect the innocent.

Last edited by WSEIII; 10-22-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

TJ was in the Boy Scouts.

He, along with some friends, helped start the troop he was a member of. He attained many of their most prestigious honors, including Eagle Scout. However, with all their nonsense–*from the counselor abuse cover-up to refusing to allow a gay teen to receive his Eagle Scout award–*TJ has decided to return his Eagle Scout.

Here's the letter he sent the Great Trail Council (the organization in charge of all the scout troops in our area):

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Kyle Jozsa. I was awarded the Eagle Scout by Troop 169 out of Stow in 2006. It is an honor of which I was quite proud and held in high regard. My time as a scout was full of fond memories including trekking Philmont, attending the National Jamboree and becoming a member of the Order of the Arrow.

However with the latest news of another scout being denied scouting's highest honor because of his sexuality, I must rescind my Eagle Award.

Understand that I am not blaming Great Trail Council nor am I blaming Troop 169 for Boy Scouts of America's homophobic policies. That being said I cannot claim to be proud of an organization with said policies. Nor can I say whether I would have been awarded the Eagle Scout if the Boy Scouts had known my future. (While I don't define myself as gay, I am happily "married" to my male partner.)

I'll keep my memories - you can have my Eagle Scout.

Please let me know how and when is the best time to return the award, as well as if there is anything more that I need to do. I'll be awaiting your reply.

Thank You,

Kyle Jozsa
Artistic Director
Heads Up Productions

Instead of giving TJ a meeting (they have general meetings that are open to the scouts) where he could return it face-to-face and give his opinion, they took the coward's way out and sent him a mailing address in Texas where he could send the award!

Now, as Chemda talked about, we are looking into starting our own version of the boy scouts but it would be a group that is open to gay, straight, male, female and gender-queer individuals. (And even dog-people too!)
Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda, since you decided to skip the Alanis concert, I figured I'd link you this video I edited last week from the Alanis show in Toronto a week ago Monday. It's her performance of Ironic and I used a couple different camera angles I took. As you can guess, the crowd sang along -- a lot!

http://youtu.be/_iUk9O6XEC0

Last edited by eoguy; 10-23-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: fixed html
Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Case Dismissed!

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19
Lebanese Tourism Minister Fadi Abboud told The Associated Press on Thursday that he's so upset about the portrayal of Beirut that he's considering a lawsuit. "The information minister is studying media laws to see what can be done," he said.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20
A car bomb exploded in the Lebanese capital of Beirut during rush hour on Friday. The bomb killed security chief Major General Wissam al-Hassan and at least seven others, and injured scores more. The assassination sparked violence across the country.

MONDAY
I think my legal counsel at this point would be to drop your case against Homeland. When Keith brought the lawsuit story up, I really thought this was where he was taking the story.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoureuglytoo View Post
TJ was in the Boy Scouts.

Here's the letter he sent the Great Trail Council
The letter made me tear up. TJ voiced his opinion beautifully.

Chemda, your song gave me shivers. Your voice is powerful and beautiful. Please please please, record a new song!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

I understand I would still watch Transformers 9. And a Shakespearean Robot movie.

But do these actors know that they are in an ACTION movie that happens to be a 2 hour long TOY COMMERCIAL about alien robots fighting each other?

Let that sink in.

Also, I wanna see the Dinobots. =x

Last edited by JSZilla; 10-23-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Chemda,
You have the most soulful, comforting, uplifting, voice I have ever heard. Over the course of my five years of listening to the show I have heard "Surrender" many times and it still sends goose bumps all over my body. Even when you're singing it over Rolling Stones. You have an amazing talent.