Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there any band you would pay Rolling Stones prices to see?
Yes 25 27.78%
No 65 72.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Chemda's dance troupe

Hearing the show on the way to work on the 4 today . . .

if that wasn't the "Afrobats" she saw I would be highly surprised.

They are usually near Bethesda fountain in CP.

I think I know there routine by route by this time.

If you have not seen them, you can find them on youtube.

I alwyas thought the one guy was Wesley Snipes doppelganger.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The British Zombies Are Cumming

Chemda sings a bit on a recent episode of 'The Black Guy Who Tips' podcast and her song 'Surrender' is truly beautiful. Her voice is amazing. KatG fans just forget this cuz all we hear is "Hey all you assholes have to listen to us.." sang to us all the times. Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to pay, at most, more than $75 for a rock show. This being said, it's the goddamn, motherfucking, Rolling STONES, baby! They are an integral part of rock history. You think the Black Keys and every other band playing today, did not grow up listening to Mick's vocals? Keith Richard's guitar? Every song on the 'Hot Rocks 1964-1971' collection holds up. I'm sure these rich bastards throw some loot on lights and pyro-technics and such. The thing about paying $500+ for a ticket, is that people will immediately think you are an asshole, but secretly...in their jealous little music fanboy minds, they'll be like, 'Yeah, I wish I got to go see the Stones.." This is all immediately followed again with, '$500 ?? What an asshole!' Also, 'Doom and Gloom' lyrics are a bit cheese, but the song, as a whole, is fucking great. Dude. If Bob Dylan sang that song back in 1965, (which he could have done - the word-rhyme-scheme in of itself is very Dylansque) it would be a well-known hit today. Look, Keith Richards sold his soul to Satan, himself. There's some...supernatural shit goin on. Maybe Mick Jagger had to fight a zombie, or two. We just do not know. We simply. don't. know.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I like that you wrote that and then took a section from it and made it your signature. You were quite pleased with yourself.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm not a CLOSET narcissist - I'm proud! Come on...that was kind of clever... A little bit... a chuckle, maybe? Someting...? No, huh. fuck.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19
Lebanese Tourism Minister Fadi Abboud told The Associated Press on Thursday that he's so upset about the portrayal of Beirut that he's considering a lawsuit. "The information minister is studying media laws to see what can be done," he said.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20
A car bomb exploded in the Lebanese capital of Beirut during rush hour on Friday. The bomb killed security chief Major General Wissam al-Hassan and at least seven others, and injured scores more. The assassination sparked violence across the country.

MONDAY
I think my legal counsel at this point would be to drop your case against Homeland. When Keith brought the lawsuit story up, I really thought this was where he was taking the story.
Pssht, like anyone believes it wasn't the producers of Homeland who orchestrated that car bomb.

"Yes we have ex-CIA field operatives on our staff, but they're merely in an advisory role for authenticity in performance and technical details in the plot."

Sure they are.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Speaking of Homeland, that shit was SO AMAZING this past Sunday. The ending was so powerful I actually teared up a little bit.

What an amazing fucked up show that is!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Right?!

It's always like: 1 of 2 things can happen. Then a whole new 3rd thing happens!!!!

We're soon gonna get sooo sad!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for mentioning us on the show guys! And YES we need to get a download link directly on the site. It's coming soon. Excellent suggestion.

Chemda's version of that song >>>>>
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

If scientists found a way to resurrect Joe Strummer, I would find a way to get the money to see The Clash. Bear (Beer) in mind, I'm talking coherent vibrant Joe Strummer. I'm not paying a grand to see a shuffling zombie mumble lyrics into a mic (insert Neil Young/Bob Dylan joke here.)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

Regarding the Nike exercise/diet tracking thing that is so expensive, I suggest just using the free MyFitnessPal app. It does the same thing and integrates with this web site that allows you to do all kinds of things like print charts of your progress. You can scan grocery barcodes or type in brand or restaurant food descriptions and a lot of times it finds it (huge database). It is all free and a great tool for setting fitness goals and tracking both exercise and nutrition.