Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

great show

that fucking toe sounds broken

if you can get it Xrayed somewhere i'll get it looked at by an orthopod
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'll take you up on that.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
LD

on the way back from CA, stick your foot through the airport x-ray scanner.

You will save some money on medical bills and they will appreciate your respect for shoe security.

One of those Jackass guys went through one completely, so it's perfectly safe.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've always felt weird about putting my seat back on a plane. I feel too guilty about intruding on someone else's space. But the guy in front of me never fails to do it to me.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Saq

Smile Bulb prices

Do you not pay for the electric bill? Bulbs are NOT all the same price even if you pay the same amount at the store
Old 11-09-2005, 02:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Joel Silver also did Matrix too....

and house of wax was shit, and Elisha Cuthbert as a brunnete doesnt work, she is blonde ALWAYS.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

"Barracas"

Hey Keith... you know,

"barraca" is TENT in portuguese.

So... you were not totally wrong when you asked if she brought the "barracas".

Love the show.

Bye.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #18 (permalink)

Bubs

When I look at a light bulb, I tend to go for color tone or, at least, not buying some cheap ass incandescent. I'm quite fond of the compact flourescent bulbs. And Keith, you can get a 100w equivalent that's only 27ish watts.

I can't believe you buy the hightest wattage, as I have two 200w bulbs rigged ni the garage and they will bake you. I could make toast with them.

And get those natural spectrum bulbs for the bathroom, you'll look so much healthier in the mirror.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Also, With respect to those security devices, a high percentage of them are non functional to reduce cost of using them.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

So where was I when I listen to KATG talk about their flight experience? In a plane flying to Boston. A little synchronicity? Hmmm.

As for flying, if you can go first class its definitely worth it.

You're the first ones to board so you never have to worry about there being enough overhead space for your luggage. Some airlines also have a separate check in and security screening line for their first class passengers. On longer flights you get the best service. While the rest of the plebes are boarding you're chilling at your seat with your first drink and just before take off you're asked what you would like to be served once the plane's in the air. Around mealtime, after you've had some snack llike warm cashews, the steward will come around with a hot towel and ask, "Mr. Malley - what would you like to have?" You'll always have a choice of two real meals - these aren't restaurant quality meals but they're far superior to what steerage is getting. The last flight I was on there was a choice between a bacon cheeseburger or a chicken caser salad - both came with a bowl of chili and sundries (Meanwhile the people in steerage are getting ham on raisin bread and a plastic cup of coke with ice.). You get real silverware and glass drinking containers. The drinks are unlimited - the stewards are constantly looking to give you refills, and if you're into wine,, you can get pretty toasted. For desert a fresh baked (well, they're probably pre-baked and just heated up on the flight) cookie or something equally as nice.

Beyond all this you're sitting in a roomy seat with lots of leg room and you have a bathroom intended for just for first class passengers and the crew right (often someone with a bulkhead seat will use it).

Then again I've also flown first class on shorter flights where it's a rip-off. The flights were just too short to bother with the expense. Once on a way back from California the plane was empty in coach while every seat in first class was taken. I had the roomy emergency row all to myself and the stewards even brought me cookies!

Now maybe some people on the flight were using their frequent flyer miles for a free trip, but I bet you most people in First Class were upgraded for free. And that's where knowing the airline rules come into play. For example, Continental has unlimited upgrades to first class for it's frequent flyers while United gives a out a few travel vouchers for the year.

Flying and the assholes that you deal with are one of my pet peeves. And most of the assholes - almost all of them - are the business flyers that feel that theyre some incarnation of Gordon Gecko form "Wall Street". I have an entire section on my website devoted to flight etiquette (that I can reproduce here if anyone's interested).

Sam Itch wrote - "I've always felt weird about putting my seat back on a plane. I feel too guilty about intruding on someone else's space. But the guy in front of me never fails to do it to me."

From Flight Etiquette:
  • Don't recline your seat until you're instructed to do so.
    There's a reason you're asked to keep your seats upright. Its called letting the person in the row behind you escape quickly during an emergency!
  • Don't recline your seat all the way back the moment you're allowed to!
    You're not in your fucking living-room recliner! There's someone sitting behind you whose knees you just compressed! If you must recline, do so SLOWLY and don't go all the way back! Courtesy should be extended to those around you and behind you!
--

Going back to tips - What about a "Welcome" sheet that lists the rules/facts of your performance? Something like "If you've requested Double-Dare, we will be playing with food such as whip cream and eggs. Please let us know if any of the children have allergies. Please note that food will be spilled. Though we will try to limit the mess we are not responsible for cleaning up after the children.") and at the end you put a line stating "We are independently contracted entertainers. Gratuities are appreciated. Thank you!" Then again most parents probably wound't even read it.