Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Puerto Rico be a U.S. state?
Yes 90 66.67%
No 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

I love Bonnie, especially when she mimics Rich's voice. Rich kind of reminds me of my uncle, who is always spouting off on topics but clearly doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. My favorite was when he declared that he would've "dug into the snow for grubs" instead of eating the other people if he was stuck on a mountain ("Alive"). Yeah, Uncle Phil, the snow was like thirty or forty feet deep, but you would've dug for grubs.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was after a decent post mortem of the election and instead had to listen to this Rick guy...farrkk.

I was really pleased to see Obama returned and I'm even more pleased to see the Republicans tearing themselves to pieces in the aftermath. I note that a lot of anger is now being focused on Karl Rove who I watched have something akin to a melt down on Fox News on election night.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving Cunt.

The challenges Obama faces now are considerable and he is going to have to pull out all of his negotiating skills if he's ever going to be able to bridge build. One hopes that the more moderate Republicans take the reigns of their party away from the extremist elements and meet Obama half way...but I doubt it.

Many say that Washington's fucked. Perhaps it's time to abandon Washington and set up shop elsewhere.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 11-08-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Bonnie was on fire and had me cracking up the entire time. Her idea about Mike interrupting stand up with "facts" was priceless. I loved how she was able to sort of dismiss / assist Rick with such wit and grace when he was trying to make a point.

I will say that I'm a little tired of the "black people vote for Obama because he's black" talking point. I've never voted republican in my life. Suddenly because the candidate for the democrats is a black guy my vote is solely defined by race? Voting for Clinton, Gore and Kerry was more thoughtful because they're white? Black people vote for dems at a 90% clip no matter what. Doesn't seem like its just the president's race that's a factor to me.

That being said I liked Rick on the show too. That motherfucker is funny.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Rich Vos seems like that guy you meet at the bar that just keeps talking to you even though the conversation is awkward and you keep looking for any opportunity to end the conversation and walk away.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I will say that I'm a little tired of the "black people vote for Obama because he's black" talking point.
Gore got 90% of the black vote in 2000. Kerry got 89% in 2004. That talking point is fucking bullshit.

Did white men vote for Romney because he's white? Because that's who the majority of them voted for. The idea that everything a black person does is "racial" but nothing a white person does is "racial" is an illustration of privilege.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 11-08-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

I try hard not to be a hater, but when Bonnie said "Isn't he annoying?" I actually shouted "YES!"

Please don't invite Rich Voss back. We have enough bombastic ignorance from Keith. And Keith is, y'know, funny.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Really like Bonnie. Funniest person on the show today.

I like that Rich isn't afraid to speak his mind and start up some dialogue. Obviously I didn't agree with most of the things he said.

P.S. Canada had the most gold medals at the last Winter Olympics, meaning it "won" the whole thing.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
i felt like that was bonnie most of the time rick seemed like he was trying to have an actual dialogue but bonnie and chemda would interrupt him and he would get too frustrated
Yup, that's what I sensed. Rich was trying to make sense, but everyone kept making fun of him, and then blamed him for stumbling through his arguments. A lot of people are upset at Rich and Bonnie and get upset at a lot of guests for being on the show and "running a bit" or something, essentially calling the guests out for doing their thing. What if this is how these people are in real life? What if their "thing" is just who they are? It seems disrespectful and arrogant to get pissed at somebody for being themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I will say that I'm a little tired of the "black people vote for Obama because he's black" talking point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Gore got 90% of the black vote in 2000. Kerry got 89% in 2004. That talking point is fucking bullshit.
The only way I saw his argument being bullshit was the fact that he talked about how important informed voting is, and then he said he understands people voting for their "own kind".

Black people voting for Obama because he's black is definitely a thing. You guys are right that it's not all black people, and it's not a majority, but a lot of african-americans are voting on that basis. I know plenty of uninformed people who don't give two shits about politics but are voting for Obama because he's black, and they admit that up front. It's black people and white people who are doing it. Rich said that he's encountered people who are voting on this premise, and I know for sure that I have. It's a talking point because it is a reality. Something else: a lot of people that voted for Gore and Kerry did so just because those two are Democratic. I know a lot of black people that vote Democratic just because that's the way they're "supposed" to vote as a black person. I get called out for being Democratic all the time, even though I don't align myself with any party. A lot of people assume black people are Democrats, and a lot of black people are Democrats because they're "supposed" to be, not because they have made an informed decision. Rich made an excellent point at the beginning of the show that there are a lot of people out there making uninformed decisions. He may have contaminated his initial point as the show went on, but I think ignorance is a major reason why some things in this country are so shitty.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Look at you racist mother fuckers right now.

Did you ever think that it might have been because they didn't want that entitled fuck Romney getting the keys to the White House???

Fuck you!!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Look at you racist mother fuckers right now.

Did you ever think that it might have been because they didn't want that entitled fuck Romney getting the keys to the White House???

Fuck you!!
I didn't say all black people. All I'm saying is that there are people out there, black and white, who vote one way or the other for arbitrary reasons, and making that point is not bullshit.