Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Puerto Rico be a U.S. state?
Yes 90 66.67%
No 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

And I voted for Obama because I wanted to prove that no matter what Georgia would vote for Romney because we are a backwards, ignorant ass state full of necks who are afraid the Black man ironically wants to take their guns away. Other than that I was not going to vote at all.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Definetly sure about this 'Michael' guy...
Me too! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Bonnie was on fire and had me cracking up the entire time. Her idea about Mike interrupting stand up with "facts" was priceless.
That job would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatotherway View Post
Richard Mourdock, the Indiana Republican senatorial evangelical candidate who declared last month that if a woman was raped and became pregnant, it was “something that God intended to happen” and the woman must keep it; and Todd Akin, the Republican senatorial candidate who claimed last summer that women’s bodies can magically shut down and ward off pregnancy following a “legitimate rape”, both lost their races.
There's so much more. Rachel Maddow does a great job listing the 9 republican rape/abortion candidates that lost. It's a good segment but jump to 6:30 for the list of those who lost.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Michael, one of the things I wanted to know was how come Obama hadn't pushed Obamacare through during this first term? Did he purposely hold off on the biggest parts to ensure his reelection or did he just not have enough time?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #44 (permalink)

when my sister was in school in London, she was sick. She went to the doctor and they not only saw her, but treated her awesomely and saw her quickly. When she asked how much they said "nothing" and she couldn't believe it. They told her that everyone deserved healthcare. It was amazing.

Though I don't think that would fly in the US because we're all jerks and would take advantage, I'm VERY excited that people will now get more care than before and won't have to stay with a horrible job simply because of healthcare. The rest of the first world countries offer universal healthcare (I think we're the only ones that didnt) so why wouldn't we? Yep, this current system has a lot to work out, but it was a great start.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
Michael, one of the things I wanted to know was how come Obama hadn't pushed Obamacare through during this first term? Did he purposely hold off on the biggest parts to ensure his reelection or did he just not have enough time?
that is bullshit, he COULDN'T push his healthcare through, the house and senate were dedicated to keeping anything from getting through. his healthcare also is watered down and full of rediculous jargon because he had to compromise a lot just to get through what he got through.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
that is bullshit, he COULDN'T push his healthcare through, the house and senate were dedicated to keeping anything from getting through. his healthcare also is watered down and full of rediculous jargon because he had to compromise a lot just to get through what he got through.
calm down don't have a stroke or anything over there
Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #47 (permalink)

In Australia, we have universal healthcare. It is a right, not a privilege.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
Though I don't think your honest question was "bullshit", stulagu covered some of the issues. I'll add a little more:

In order to get this thing passed, many compromises were made. They needed to phase things in slowly (it's a big change to the system that can't happen overnight) and work on the inevitable court challenges. It's important to make sure this law would be legal before the entire thing went into effect so the healthcare system doesn't jump back and forth between the old and new system.

Waiting also allowed the public to confirm they wanted this healthcare system to be enacted. Some legislators knew that the next president could dismantle it and wanted to give voters a chance to reject it by replacing Obama with someone else.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post

Waiting also allowed the public to confirm they wanted this healthcare system to be enacted. Some legislators knew that the next president could dismantle it and wanted to give voters a chance to reject it by replacing Obama with someone else.
Do you think he waited this long to see if he would get reelected so he wouldn't waste his time to get it passed if Romney would just reverse everything?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Do you think he waited this long to see if he would get reelected so he wouldn't waste his time to get it passed if Romney would just reverse everything?
All the hard work was done before the election so there's nothing more for him to do in order to get it enacted. The bill passed years ago, now it's just a matter of waiting for all the benefits to kick in.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are things that could be improved and fixed about the bill but it's currently the law of the land. If Romney were to get elected, all of the hard work Obama, Congress and supporters put in would have been wasted.