Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Puerto Rico be a U.S. state?
Yes 90 66.67%
No 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #51 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
All the hard work was done before the election so there's nothing more for him to do in order to get it enacted. The bill passed years ago, now it's just a matter of waiting for all the benefits to kick in.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are things that could be improved and fixed about the bill but it's currently the law of the land. If Romney were to get elected, all of the hard work Obama, Congress and supporters put in would have been wasted.
What are some of the biggest downsides to converting into the Obamacare? I had read somewhere back when he first started trying to pass it that with our economy as bad as it is transferring into Obamacare could potentially bankrupt America. Not sure if that's true but it would have to cost a lot before any major financial benefits would be seen.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
What are some of the biggest downsides to converting into the Obamacare? I had read somewhere back when he first started trying to pass it that with our economy as bad as it is transferring into Obamacare could potentially bankrupt America. Not sure if that's true but it would have to cost a lot before any major financial benefits would be seen.
That sounds like misinformation from those opposing the bill. I don't see how it could bankrupt America. At worst, costs should stay the same. My understanding of the potential downsides are

1. Many people will be forced to buy healthcare, even if they don't want to. If they don't buy it, they'll have to pay a tax or fine for not doing so. This was done to make the "no existing preconditions" possible. If you weren't forced to buy healthcare then you could just jump in and out of a healthcare plan when you did and didn't need it.
  2. Not enough healthcare professionals available to fulfill the new influx of those who will be coming into the system.
  3. Companies might opt out of their current plan and push people into a public exchange (I'm REALLY fuzzy about this one to the point I almost didn't include. I'm trying to remember something about companies cutting costs and lowering coverage but I'm really short on details).
  4. It doesn't cover enough people.
I'd be interested in hearing from others about more potential negative effects of the bill. I'm talking real information, not just the fear mongering the opposition puts out.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
That sounds like misinformation from those opposing the bill. I don't see how it could bankrupt America. At worst, costs should stay the same. My understanding of the potential downsides are

1. Many people will be forced to buy healthcare, even if they don't want to. If they don't buy it, they'll have to pay a tax or fine for not doing so. This was done to make the "no existing preconditions" possible. If you weren't forced to buy healthcare then you could just jump in and out of a healthcare plan when you did and didn't need it.
  2. Not enough healthcare professionals available to fulfill the new influx of those who will be coming into the system.
  3. Companies might opt out of their current plan and push people into a public exchange (I'm REALLY fuzzy about this one to the point I almost didn't include. I'm trying to remember something about companies cutting costs and lowering coverage but I'm really short on details).
  4. It doesn't cover enough people.
I'd be interested in hearing from others about more potential negative effects of the bill. I'm talking real information, not just the fear mongering the opposition puts out.
what about the fact that the government will now be able to seize medical records to create a national database? That seem like a huge infringement of doctor-patient confidentiality.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #54 (permalink)

Dear Keith and Chemda,

I implore you not to listen to the negative nancies that infect this message board daily with their low self-esteem and pessimism. Rich and Bonnie were hilarious and I very much enjoyed having them on the show. There was also plenty of great interplay between all four of you, which made the show great to listen to.

The more I read the boards here, the more I'm convinced the majority of regular posters shouldn't be counted on to give advice or legitimate opinions on anything, including the quality of your guests. I don't know if you two heed much of what is said on the forums, but I hope you don't. I have to imagine that the silent majority loves the wide array of guests, including those like Rich and Bonnie, and John F. O'Donnell and his doppleganger cousin, whatever his name is.

The only time the losers on this board seem to be happy with a show and its guests is when there's no comedy and the bulk of the show is comprised of embarrassing personal confessions, rape stories or tales of depression and sorrow. It's what these self-loathing fucks need to need to feel better, I suppose, but you really shouldn't cater to it. It's a sickness. Every single person here who said they disliked this episode was probably molested as a child and probably deserved it.

Since it doesn't appear as though you cater to the depressive nutsos here who have no life and spend all of there time online, I have to say thanks. So, thanks.

-Ed
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #55 (permalink)

Obamacare will also cost $1.7 Trillion. This will be paid by insurers, pharmaceutical companies, tanning salons, and a slight increase in taxes on people who make over $200K. Those costs will get passed on to consumers through increased premiums and drug costs.

Obamacare explained like you're five:
CaspianX2 comments on ELI5: What exactly is Obamacare and what did it change?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #56 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
calm down don't have a stroke or anything over there
I said it is bullshit because it is a rediculous question. I certainly don't know as much about politics as Michael, but what you're asking is so basic...seeing further posts it seems like you're genuine, but honestly, that initial question was asinine. Though I do not think Obama is some shiny innocent, I also don't think his political gain is more important than his legacy and I don't for one minute think that he knew he would be in office a second term.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

PS what I would like to see next is the ability for citizens to shop across state lines for their health insurance, I think that sole law would reduce costs by a TON, forcing the companies to be competitive.

I photographed an Aflac group, and was amazed at how crazy they all are and how MUCH MONEY they are making...SO MUCH MONEY. Rediculous.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post

The more I read the boards here, the more I'm convinced the majority of regular posters shouldn't be counted on to give advice or legitimate opinions on anything, including the quality of your guests. I don't know if you two heed much of what is said on the forums, but I hope you don't. I have to imagine that the silent majority loves the wide array of guests, including those like Rich and Bonnie, and John F. O'Donnell and his doppleganger cousin, whatever his name is.

The only time the losers on this board seem to be happy with a show and its guests is when there's no comedy and the bulk of the show is comprised of embarrassing personal confessions, rape stories or tales of depression and sorrow. It's what these self-loathing fucks need to need to feel better, I suppose, but you really shouldn't cater to it. It's a sickness. Every single person here who said they disliked this episode was probably molested as a child and probably deserved it.

Since it doesn't appear as though you cater to the depressive nutsos here who have no life and spend all of there time online, I have to say thanks. So, thanks.

-Ed
i'm going to rape your asshole.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I said it is bullshit because it is a rediculous question. I certainly don't know as much about politics as Michael, but what you're asking is so basic...seeing further posts it seems like you're genuine, but honestly, that initial question was asinine. Though I do not think Obama is some shiny innocent, I also don't think his political gain is more important than his legacy and I don't for one minute think that he knew he would be in office a second term.
When people attack a person's genuine question like you do it insults people causing dialogue that could be helpful to stop. You should try to provide actual help then trying to call out someone who is actually looking to understand the entirety of a situation.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
Dear Keith and Chemda,

I implore you not to listen to the negative nancies that infect this message board daily with their low self-esteem and pessimism. Rich and Bonnie were hilarious and I very much enjoyed having them on the show. There was also plenty of great interplay between all four of you, which made the show great to listen to.

-Ed
Aren't you the same guy who wanted man boobs in the hottest girl contest? Yea Keith and Chemda probably shouldnt be taking your opinion seriously either.

Last edited by Rufio; 11-08-2012 at 09:38 PM.