Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Puerto Rico be a U.S. state?
Yes 90 66.67%
No 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
And I voted for Obama because I wanted to prove that no matter what Georgia would vote for Romney because we are a backwards, ignorant ass state full of necks who are afraid the Black man ironically wants to take their guns away. Other than that I was not going to vote at all.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! C-PORT, represent!

Unfortunately, I'm not in town anymore, but it's the only place I can call home.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #62 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Rich and Bonnie opinion

I was pretty bummed when I heard they were the guests. I tried listening to their podcast for a while and it is un-listenable. Part of what is hard to listen to with Rich is his speech impediment - he has a severe lateral lisp that drives me a little nuts. He is just not pleasant to listen to because of his voice, to me. The more annoying thing is that these two are married and seem to hate each other. I know that is their act, but they really seem to not have a shred of respect for each other. To me that is not fun. Especially knowing they have a child together. They seem completely incompatible and I don't find that at all enjoyable. Rich really makes no sense whatsoever with his arguments and Bonnie seems pretty uninformed as well. Maybe don't talk politics with people who know nothing about politics? On the other hand, Michael was a delight and would love to hear more from him. And, Rich and Bonnie's movie does sound interesting - I will try and see that if I can. But please don't have them back too often. But I love you guys so I will listen anyway.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

A listener from the start - forum member since 2006. That is the first time i ever had to switch a show off. - Voss is excruciatingly boring - unless of course that is just his stage persona, in which case he is excruciatingly boring - and completely pointless.
Deuces girlfriend was less of a pain in the ass.

Editing here, because reading some of the other messages, i learned his name is rick. i agree with those who thought his wife was funny, but he isn't.

Last edited by adrian; 11-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #64 (permalink)

You guys hate funny man lol! I mean are you seriously telling me that you just found NOTHING funny about what Rich or Bonnie had to add to the show? You sound like those people who "found" an artist before the mainstream and want them all to yourself. Because Rich and Bonnie aren't your typical KATG guests they are ruining your favorite podcast and making it unbearable to make it through the show? Come on man; funny is funny and there were plenty of laugh out loud moments on this episode. I am a Rich and Bonnie fan because of KATG and hope they continue to hip me to more and more artist out there. Great show. Great guests. Party on Wayne!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #65 (permalink)

thats's a pretty inane assessment, the show has changed massively over the years and people have come and gone, i was merely making the point that out of hundreds of guests - some of whom were a pain - like deuces girlfriend - i have never felt the need to turn off a show.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
thats's a pretty inane assessment, the show has changed massively over the years and people have come and gone, i was merely making the point that out of hundreds of guests - some of whom were a pain - like deuces girlfriend - i have never felt the need to turn off a show.
Well you weren't the only person who complained that they couldn't make it through the entire show so that wasn't a direct shot at you. Actually I want to say one of the first post said they couldn't make it through either and most of the posts I recall were complaining about them as guests.

My stance is coming from an ignorant place because I have only been listening for about a year and a half but that is why I said "sound like" those who complain about their favorite artist branching out and trying different things. If you sincerely just didn't like them as guests cool that's your right. I personally in my time have yet to listen to a show in which I didn't care for a guest but when they day comes I'll be sure to bitch about it on the forums and hopefully someone will join in on valiant cause.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
You are one third of the way to a full Spooky apology - come on make me swoon ! Pretty Please?
That doesn't sound like a good thing. (I thought I'd revisit Rev Jen's appearances after reading her book, and 950 just happens to have a whole segment on Spooky vs. Michael.)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa! C-PORT, represent!

Unfortunately, I'm not in town anymore, but it's the only place I can call home.
Always good to see a fellow native on a social media outlet that uses proper punctuation lol
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Then it's a thing for those extra 4% of them that voted for Obama but didn't vote for Gore. It's certainly not "racist" as people like Limbaugh and Hannity keep trying to peddle it. And it's certainly not even "racial" if the same people who voted for Obama also voted for the white Democrat in the last several elections.

And again, the majority of white men voted for Romney. Did they vote for him because of their race? Why is something only "racial" when people of color do it?

As an aside, to me the best thing to come out of this election is the news that Gen Y yet again came out in full force to vote just like they did in 2008. They are far more politically engaged than Gen X ever was, and candidates can no longer ignore the youth vote. They are why gay marriage passed by the popular vote in two states, which is an enormous accomplishment.
Whenever I don't post on a show thread just assume I agree with whatever Blitz said as over the last 2 years that would be 98% accurate - give or take 2%. But then the sane, informed and logical always win me over
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredv1214 View Post
When people attack a person's genuine question like you do it insults people causing dialogue that could be helpful to stop. You should try to provide actual help then trying to call out someone who is actually looking to understand the entirety of a situation.
you're right, Jared, next time you ask why the sky is blue or if a woman's body can tell it is being raped and stop a pregnancy, I will just ignore the question and not call you out.