Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Puerto Rico be a U.S. state?
Yes 90 66.67%
No 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #81 (permalink)

I don't like guys like Rich. He's very opinionated but not very informed at all. When Keith was talking about red states, it was in the context of the election - states that voted for Romney. That's where the generalization came from. Rich tried to spin it, saying that not all republicans are against abortion etc. But Keith meant something different. It's like, for example, if you have 9 dumb people and 1 really smart person, it's still pretty much a crowd of dumb people.

PS He's speech impediment drove me nuts as well.

Last edited by product; 11-10-2012 at 04:10 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #82 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by product View Post
I don't like guys like Rich. He's very opinionated but not very informed at all. When Keith was talking about red states, it was in the context of the election - states that voted for Romney. That's where the generalization came from. Rich tried to spin it, saying that not all republicans are against abortion etc. But Keith meant something different. It's like, for example, if you have 9 dumb people and 1 really smart person, it's still pretty much a crowd of dumb people.

PS He's speech impediment drove me nuts as well.
At least his dislike is supported with something substantial. I still like Rich though lol!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
At least his dislike is supported with something substantial. I still like Rich though lol!
Rich went back and forth on opinions, he literally flip flopped (Chemda called him on it). It seemed like he wanted to drop the subject but I think he actually couldn't stop talking. I, too, stop being interested when someone can't back themselves (like Jesse and the Spanish stuff) but Rich and Bonnie as a team are pretty funny. By the end, Bonnie's geek voice was overused, but with that group of 4 things stayed pretty entertained. I do like when Bonnie cracks Keith up, I love Keith's genuine giggle.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #84 (permalink)

Trust me I will NEVER defend Rich as an commentator on anything! I just enjoy them both from a comedic stance. Obviously Keith and Chemda do as well. In my humble opinion the show was really good but I seem to be in the minority and I'm okay with that.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #85 (permalink)

Call me Bonkers McKooky, but I loved this episode. Eh, what do I know? I voted for "Butt Simpson."

Last edited by lattaland; 11-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #86 (permalink)

Just a quick 'vote' in favor of Rich and Bonnie as great guests together. The interplay was great, especially with the input from The Grabber. I like their interplay so much I'm going to check out their podcast.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #87 (permalink)

I normally don't post against guests, and I wasn't too opinionated about them in their prior appearance, but Rich and Bonnie really put me off this episode.

The first part of it was Rich's unending insistence on the "both sides" meme that just got more ridiculous and pathetic as it went on. Everything is not the same as everything else, Keith and Chemda were right and I could hear Rich getting angry and defensive about his ignorance being challenged.

Likewise, Rich also went into a thing about stereotypes and trying to break down "red" states and "blue" state and how everyone isn't one way etc etc. A. It's a room of comedians on a comedy podcast for comedy fans; I think we might understand about the limits of stereotypes. Secondly, it was a convenient dodge of the point that a substantial minority if not the majority of Republicans refused to end support of the two politicians that made the statements on rape and pregnancy which were at issue (including Mitt Romney, the party's presidential nominee).

And finally, I found their treatment of Lalalemon (and the other girls in the hottest chick contest) a little contemptible. It's one thing to make an off hand crack about "o0o0o why are they naked on the internet, must have problems" but they just kept on it. For me, it turned from trying to be funny to trying to make a point. Given how active these girls are in the community and the way they're willing to put themselves out there I think they deserve credit not ridicule and I didn't appreciate a bunch of dum dums like Rich and Bonnie trying to dunk on them.

I'm in.
aka Straight Edge Greg
Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekseyev View Post
I normally don't post against guests, and I wasn't too opinionated about them in their prior appearance, but Rich and Bonnie really put me off this episode.

The first part of it was Rich's unending insistence on the "both sides" meme that just got more ridiculous and pathetic as it went on. Everything is not the same as everything else, Keith and Chemda were right and I could hear Rich getting angry and defensive about his ignorance being challenged.

Likewise, Rich also went into a thing about stereotypes and trying to break down "red" states and "blue" state and how everyone isn't one way etc etc. A. It's a room of comedians on a comedy podcast for comedy fans; I think we might understand about the limits of stereotypes. Secondly, it was a convenient dodge of the point that a substantial minority if not the majority of Republicans refused to end support of the two politicians that made the statements on rape and pregnancy which were at issue (including Mitt Romney, the party's presidential nominee).

And finally, I found their treatment of Lalalemon (and the other girls in the hottest chick contest) a little contemptible. It's one thing to make an off hand crack about "o0o0o why are they naked on the internet, must have problems" but they just kept on it. For me, it turned from trying to be funny to trying to make a point. Given how active these girls are in the community and the way they're willing to put themselves out there I think they deserve credit not ridicule and I didn't appreciate a bunch of dum dums like Rich and Bonnie trying to dunk on them.
Put your cape away. It is a COMEDY podcast. It was a little light ribbing and I bet Lalalemon had a little chuckle from it too. It's not like they ripped her for 5 minutes.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #89 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My husband and I love Rich and Bonnie. We love their dynamic and they are great in person too. I really hope they keep coming back.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larion View Post
It is a COMEDY podcast.
Then shouldn't it at least be funny