Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's your preference?
Sweet pussy pie 59 41.84%
Savory fur burger 11 7.80%
This poll is Chemda's fault for making Keith and Danny tacos 71 50.35%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hilarious show. My only comment is that Keith and Chemda were wrong about Mormon men not being allowed to be alone with women. It sounded like someone had written it in on feedback and that set them off, but, as a Mormon male I can certify that there is no rule about not being alone with women. Well, except for the Mormon missionaries, but they have a lot of extra rules like no holding kids, being home by 9:00 PM and stuff. But for normal, Mormon males, there is no rule about not being alone with women.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker View Post
Hilarious show. My only comment is that Keith and Chemda were wrong about Mormon men not being allowed to be alone with women. It sounded like someone had written it in on feedback and that set them off, but, as a Mormon male I can certify that there is no rule about not being alone with women. Well, except for the Mormon missionaries, but they have a lot of extra rules like no holding kids, being home by 9:00 PM and stuff. But for normal, Mormon males, there is no rule about not being alone with women.
Yeah - that one didn't sit well with me either. I know a handful of Mormons here and they aren't nearly as hobbled as that statement suggested. Still, maybe Mitt thinks he's a higher Mormon or something.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I beg a Mormon that knows the rules to call in. No one can explain the magic underwear to me with their voice-words? I will try to help you make it make sense.

Please?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
...as a Mormon male I can certify that there is no rule about not being alone with women. Well, except for the Mormon missionaries, but they have a lot of extra rules like no holding kids.
Well that's not odd, at all. I think the greatest trick to any religion, is that rather than question with things like, "Why are we in such a minority on these odd beliefs?" and "How can my Church and it's followers be right, and EVERYONE else be so wrong?" It's the greatest small print disclaimer trick ever: 'All non-believers are wrong, but you, YOU DEAR follower are right, by virtue of blind faith.' It's simply inherent in all faiths; that thing were you can't trust outside opinion because God's side is right and non-believers wrong. PERIOD. It's just sad. Not trusting your fellow man and all. Sounds pretty dividing and not what a real Creator would allow or want, at all.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

Ben Roy might be best new guest for KATGs this year (already in the thread, I see) - seriously sharp, humble and funny. Already got his CD to check out, and hope to see him out locally some time. Good to have such a rep for Colorado on KATG and good to hear Adam Cayton-Holland get a shout out. That guy has been awesome forever and was one of the best reasons to pick up a Westword. Now I have to check out the Grawlix too......
Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ben was horrible

I WAS going to say how much I liked Ben until he said he would beat his child and cut himself if he was criticised.

I'm in - please post videos Ben.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #27 (permalink)

This guy is awesome. Aces 10.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Great fucking show, great guest. He probably is so amazing because he's from Maine
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Well, except for the Mormon missionaries, but they have a lot of extra rules like no holding kids, being home by 9:00 PM and stuff. But for normal, Mormon males, there is no rule about not being alone with women.
Is no one going to ask about the kid holding thing? WTF? Why are Mormon missionaries not allowed to hold children? You can't just throw that shit out there without an explanation.

That rule sounds more 'rapey' to me than the not being allowed to be alone with a woman.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthewhite View Post
That rule sounds more 'rapey' to me than the not being allowed to be alone with a woman.
If the alone with a woman rule is true, then I'd have to see how it is described. When I first heard them mention it, I heard it more as a man and a woman can't be alone in the same room, rather than a man can't be alone with a woman. It seemed like a mutual thing, rather than a preventative rule pertaining only to men. It seemed like a supposed way to prevent adultery and not a way to prevent rape. That doesn't change how dumb the rule is, but if adultery is a big enough sin to be one of the ten commandments, then I wouldn't be surprised by such a level of caution.