Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Women only: Sexually, are you vocal with your partner about what you want?
always 12 21.05%
sometimes 41 71.93%
never 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
Medical words are weird. I just got results back from a test which found I had a "grossly intact" thigh. I'm not sure if I should be offended or relieved.

What doctor meant was "YO THAT SHIT'S TIIIIGHT, SON!!"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #42 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
You mean, "As a guy who's secure enough in his masculinity and sexuality not to feel threatened by assertive girls and who doesn't have a stick up his ass when it comes to ladies expressing their opinions, I love listening to what girls think."
Sure, if you like. That's fine with me.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #43 (permalink)

great show - the only parts I didn't like was the text message and once Chemda pointed out the "likes", I couldn't not hear them, constantly.
The "when did you lose your boner" reference was spot on
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I love how Chemda is able to keep four topics in discussion while keeping the conversation flowing back to topic. Chema has an awesome style all to her own separate from KATG.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This was one of my favorite shows of all time. I love the show girls and the discussions that it generate. I've always wanted to hear what female comedians thought about the show. It was also great to hear NYC'ers talks about the show too.

I give Lena so much credit for being able to objectively look at the life and time of a 25 year old sheltered white girl and go "yeah we can be awkwardly stupid and myopic at this age." It's fucking brilliant. I don't know that I "root" for any of the characters on the show but they all sort of grew on me and I am genuinely interested in their shallow ass problems.

It's funny to hear people diss the show because of it's lack of likeable characters in the same age as Soprano's, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad. All these shows star people who are questionable moral character at best, yet the idea of liking them doesn't really come into play when you're rooting for them to pull of some heist or kill a cop.

Anyways this episode was kick ass and I don't even think I noticed the overuse of "like" until the bell came out. But if I can make it through Jesse Joyce's story then I THINK I can make it through a few extra "likes" amongst some hilarious women discussing one of the most interesting shows on TV.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #46 (permalink)

Lurker No More

First time poster long time listener.
I thought the episode was great but even tho I enjoy the HBO show Girls I thought the clip was a bit ill placed. I am a few episodes behind and I miss Keith but Chemda is doing a fine job.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #47 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

LOVED this show...great public service for sexually active women in their 20ties who don't know how to get what they want in bed. If you are enjoying it, he will too and you, most likely, will be the best he ever had because you will, probably, be the first woman to actually get off with him...hahahaha
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

Gaby Dunn came up in the news today for being the journalist that exposed the team behind @horse_ebook and The Pronunciation Guide, but only after a really weird ass set of twists and turns:

Quote:
Gaby Dunn, a staff writer at the Daily Dot, had spent much of the last few months writing about the video series. Working on her own and with theories and speculation from 4chan and elsewhere, she managed to identify Bakkila as the source of the video—only to have Bakkila and others engage in a bizarre, highly detailed, multi-week campaign designed to delay her story, complete with tearful phone calls and elaborately staged email.
Did the Guy Behind the Web's Favorite Twitter Gaslight a Journalist?
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
It's funny to hear people diss the show because of it's lack of likeable characters in the same age as Soprano's, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad. All these shows star people who are questionable moral character at best...
I used to dislike the show because I couldn't relate to any of the characters. I am about the same age as all of them and come from a fairly privileged background, but I could never quite understand the level of stupidity and pretentiousness (and general weirdness) that they exhibit. However, now I'm starting to see the show as more of a satire of privileged 20-somethings and not something that's supposed to be true to life. Or maybe these girls do exist, but I've just never met them.

Last edited by TAFKAP; 10-03-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: TYPOS