Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who would you rather date?
Someone who never drank. 64 62.75%
A recovering alcoholic. 38 37.25%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

When I was a kid, Christmas (and all times we would celebrate really) were always really low key. Gifts were never wrapped and we haven't had a tree in years. I think there were lights when I was like 9 but that was about it.

For things like bdays or Christmas, gifts would be given in the plastic shopping bag from the store with the tag still attached and the receipt included. If you wanted to return it, who cares. It doesn't matter in the end. The only thing we would really go all out on was the food. Always awesome food and always felt like we were cooking for days (super large family).

We never really got bogged down by the superficial nonsense that makes happy times stressful. It was always just about getting together to see each other. I love it this way and pretty much avoid wrapping and decorating for this reason specifically.

Of course there are always weird situations/people but I often feel like I'm in the minority when I say I am really excited to go home and see the family for the holidays. I always have a great time and love bringing people to meet everyone. New friends are greeted with a hug and kiss on the cheek. The minute you step in the house you are family.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Ok maybe I went overboard in my reply, but when you Chemda were talking about looking (to god) for whatever you need I found that (blind faith) weird. I felt you were saying that you don't need (inner strength) because (god) had all the answers.
Man, I so badly want to flame you for all your (insults galore redacted) posts on these boards, but this sentence will do.

What you call new age is how we see faith. Don't you see the similarity? I edited your post above to show you what I mean.

Chemda's whole point is, there is no god so whatever help you think you get from it actually comes from yourself or other human beings around you. It's actually a shame you subscribe it to god because you're doing yourself a disservice. Take credit for your own strength.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Matthew 25:35-40
New International Version (NIV)

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
My favorite quote, one I say to myself often. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me"
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Oh my....

Lenny rubbed me the wrong way. Not all girls in their 20s talk that way.... He's generalizing girls in the Hamptons to all girls and that all girls' mentalities are to get a rich husband. That is absolutely ridiculous and I think that the reason he can't find a nice girl is because he's generalizing women and clearly he's looking in the wrong place.

Jess Wood was an interesting contrast to Lenny.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How old is Lenny? My sister is on J-Date and is always interested in a "nice Jewish boy".
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Email me her jdate ID and I'll pass it along.

(you're Jewish?)
Old 12-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
(you're Jewish?)
Yup!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Catching up now and just heard about the Brolo spinoff.....and I just came. Thank you, thank you, thank you Keith & Chemda!! (and Brolo of course).

And Chemda can I just say this show was wonderful! Really enjoyed it, you can tell you hit your solo stride & I really enjoyed the entire episode - and Jess made me dowload her WMN ep, which I will be starting tomorrow. Nothing like 3 Jews & a mic lol
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

one vote for THC

I never been date raped on weed.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
From my experience most women are horrible at oral. Also general speaking from hearing women talk most men are horrible at it too. Its one of those things that everyone thinks they're good at but no one actually is. "You stay there till you know." is my quote of the week.
The boyfriend told me that no one before me ever bothered to lick their hands before when giving handjobs and blowjobs. I was amazed. Thought everyone knew about that, it seems so fucking obvious!