Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Hospitals
Fuck you 44 60.27%
Eat my shit 29 39.73%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Are you kiddin' me? Soon I'll have a whole new liver!!!
No...you'll have YOUR liver, with a long memory of this episode.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just a quick story for how I feel about Hospitals:

Some years ago, when i was a teenager, my grandfather on my dad's side was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer and was in the hospital for treatment. On one occasion my dad and his brother went to visit him after work. They said my grandfather seemed to be doing better, so after checking in with him they went to get a quick bite to eat at the cafeteria. On their way back to his room a nurse/orderly asked them for help with a gurney, as a patient had just died and she was having trouble navigating the bed through the hallway to the morgue. My dad and his brother obliged and then noticed the tag on the bed. I think everyone can guess the twist that in the short time my dad and his brother had been eating my grandfather had passed and they were now helping to wheel his body around the hospital. I guess it would be too human to ask some obviously normal people at a hospital who they were before getting them to help with a body they may be related to. It may have been just one bad nurse on one bad day and I don't want to besmirch an entire organization, so I'll speak in code when I say fuck you Paiser Kermanente.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
No...you'll have YOUR liver, with a long memory of this episode.
For your peace of mind, I've switched from alcohol to Percocet.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

hey keith. on a serious tip, please be diligent in not finding yourself addicted to the pills. it's a young man's game and those young men are dead.

love
sparez
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

There's no way to win!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
For your peace of mind, I've switched from alcohol to Percocet.
Greeeeaaat...a paracetamol based analgesic - of which paracetamol is toxic to the liver. These fucking monkeys prescribing you this shit...mind you, it doesn have oxycodone in it - pop a few of those babies and have a listen to some old school Poison thereafter. You'll be air guitaring with that drainage bag on the roof of the studio.

Behave Keith!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

I would suggest eating foods with a fair amount of garlic and turmeric in the seasonings, they both improve liver function.

Here is a super easy one that, after all that hospital food, will probably jump start your taste buds too:

Turmeric Chicken Recipe - Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipes | Taste for Adventure - Unusual, Unique & Downright Awesome Recipes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm currently in a starbucks, losing my shit, listening to keith's hospital fiascos. "Ok, now is there any domestice abuse at home?" "Yea sure, some." I lost it.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbane89 View Post
Just a quick story for how I feel about Hospitals:

Some years ago, when i was a teenager, my grandfather on my dad's side was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer and was in the hospital for treatment. On one occasion my dad and his brother went to visit him after work. They said my grandfather seemed to be doing better, so after checking in with him they went to get a quick bite to eat at the cafeteria. On their way back to his room a nurse/orderly asked them for help with a gurney, as a patient had just died and she was having trouble navigating the bed through the hallway to the morgue. My dad and his brother obliged and then noticed the tag on the bed. I think everyone can guess the twist that in the short time my dad and his brother had been eating my grandfather had passed and they were now helping to wheel his body around the hospital. I guess it would be too human to ask some obviously normal people at a hospital who they were before getting them to help with a body they may be related to. It may have been just one bad nurse on one bad day and I don't want to besmirch an entire organization, so I'll speak in code when I say fuck you Paiser Kermanente.
I used to work weekends at a hospital as a sort of orderly with random different jobs including picking up the bodies, bagging them, removing tubes if the nurses didn't get to it, and taking the body down to the morgue. I used what we called 'the cadillac' which was a special morgue gurney with a square frame that inserted over the body and was then covered by leather to obscure the fact that there was a body in there as I wheeled it to the elevator and down to the morgue. The family always had time with the body first if they were around (so I'm surprised they would try to take your grandfather without waiting to let you see him first since you were there). Also, there are usually people from the eye bank or other organ donation centers that try to get there to talk to family quickly at the time of death in order to possibly save some of the tissues or organs for donations. This is another reason to not be in a hurry to remove the body from rooms.

Keith, I've had drinks with you in NYC and LA. I quit drinking 10 days ago. We are the same age. Nobody wants to deal with lifestyle change, but maybe it's time to look at alternatives. Chemda's last few shows, whether intentional or not, were really interesting takes on life after drinking and looking back. Ultimately it is your life, your choice. Good to have you back!

Also, I'll be an RN in 2014 and I am keeping this episode as a guideline of what not to do. Great stories. I'm sorry your experience was so horrible and ridiculous.

Last edited by Mark Sandiego; 12-22-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
I used to work weekends at a hospital as a sort of orderly with random different jobs including picking up the bodies, bagging them, removing tubes if the nurses didn't get to it, and taking the body down to the morgue. I used what we called 'the cadillac' which was a special morgue gurney with a square frame that inserted over the body and was then covered by leather to obscure the fact that there was a body in there as I wheeled it to the elevator and down to the morgue. The family always had time with the body first if they were around (so I'm surprised they would try to take your grandfather without waiting to let you see him first since you were there). Also, there are usually people from the eye bank or other organ donation centers that try to get there to talk to family quickly at the time of death in order to possibly save some of the tissues or organs for donations. This is another reason to not be in a hurry to remove the body from rooms.

Keith, I've had drinks with you in NYC and LA. I quit drinking 10 days ago. We are the same age. Nobody wants to deal with lifestyle change, but maybe it's time to look at alternatives. Chemda's last few shows, whether intentional or not, were really interesting takes on life after drinking and looking back. Ultimately it is your life, your choice. Good to have you back!

Also, I'll be an RN in 2014 and I am keeping this episode as a guideline of what not to do. Great stories. I'm sorry your experience was so horrible and ridiculous.
I can't remember if I used to know the details of how the situation ever got to that point and forgot them over time (it's been over 20 years) or if I never knew them. I only remember how disgusted my parents were and even as a kid being shocked.