Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Hospitals
Fuck you 44 60.27%
Eat my shit 29 39.73%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #21 (permalink)

I get folks' concern with Keith's health, but this incident seems to have fostered a sort of opportunism in folks who want him to stop drinking. Alcohol doesn't create a pyogenic liver abscess, and the infection could just have easily settled in his gall bladder. Obviously he shouldn't drink much while his liver function isn't 100%, but I'm sure his hepatic function will be tested regularly, and if it's found to be okay, why shouldn't he drink? The desire for there to be a causal link here doesn't mean there actually is one.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

If keith wants to drink, more power to him. So long as he gives it a few months after getting the tube removed before he get "trashed" I see no problem with it. I would be cautious about doing it frequently at first. If his doctors say's it's okay, he should do what he feels is right. I would also like to commend keith on how he treated chema's concerns. He kept to his opinion, but listened carefully.

Also, I pinned McNally (or however you spell it) as crazy fanboy after the way he treated chemda. If i were keith, i would be insulted after how he treated chemda. To me it seems that if you wanted to be friends with keith, just leave him alone and don't start drama. Keith is like a elegant deer, he spooks easily yet likes to shit in your yard.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hey Keith,
Sorry to hear about your illness. Regardless of what caused the abscess, I hope you can hold off on drinking until your liver is better or completely healed. If Chemda had broke her leg, wouldn't you be suggesting that she not run a marathon tomorrow? After the cast was off, then maybe she start walking for fun and exercise and maybe run sometime in the future.
I am still listening to the episode, but I have not heard what Kat has been saying about you drinking? Of course she is Irish, she might be telling you to stop being a pussy and do the damn shot.
Get better soon.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

If it were anyone other than Chemda having the discussion about drinking with Keith, I'd think it were totally inappropriate and judgmental. However, after coming up on 8 years of KATG and more time spent together when they were a couple before KATG, I think Chemda's concerns are appropriate and valid. She has seen him at his best and at his worst, and knows how drinking fits into his lifestyle. People on the outside usually have a better perspective than the individuals do. I found that moment both awkward and touching, and I hope Keith takes it to heart in a different way than he would have in the past. She may not be his girlfriend anymore, but I'd be shocked if he didn't consider her one of his best friends, and therefore one of the few opinions in the world that should matter the most to him.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

That nurse who committed suicide after the incident with the DJS had attempted suicide twice before, last year.

Kate Middleton prank call: Royal hoax nurse Jacintha Saldanha "attempted suicide twice before" - Mirror Online
Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yikes! Hearing the worry in Chemda's voice over Keith's drinking took me right back to Show 36, Keeping It Real*. When she called bullshit on Keith for claiming to drink less now than before, I caught myself literally cringing. And then her voice breaks when she says "you could have died."

This is what first sucked me in around show 25. Couple anymore or not, Keith and Chemda have a deep and special connection.

Don't know if Keith is kidding or not, but be verrrrrrry careful with the pills after surgery.

* If you haven't listened to Show 36, you haven't had the full KATG experience. That show alone is worth paying for VIP.

Last edited by Pintman; 12-24-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Good luck finding a doctor who says it's ok to drink to the point of drunkenness.
Oh, you can find them. You find them in the bar about two blocks down from the hospital. Buy 'em a couple of scotches and then commiserate for a while about how their wife wants a new BMW. Soon they'll be telling you that a little drinking is fine. Hell, it's cheaper than a psychiatrist.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Oh, you can find them. You find them in the bar about two blocks down from the hospital. Buy 'em a couple of scotches and then commiserate for a while about how their wife wants a new BMW. Soon they'll be telling you that a little drinking is fine. Hell, it's cheaper than a psychiatrist.
If this were reddit, I would up vote you so hard right now.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Talking The Muppets Veterinarian Hospital

I think Keith was at that Hospital from the Muppets. He was laying next to Statler and Waldorf.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #30 (permalink)

Just to comment on the fever issue at the start of this show... fevers kick in as an immune reaction to certain infections. The hypothalamus part of your brain regulates your body temp at a certain set point and this set point is bumped up by the infection just as you would turn up a thermostat at your house. Fevers make you feel cold and your body starts to shake (a means of generating heat) to increase your blood temperature to reach the new set point. The goal of all this is to raise your blood temperature high enough to kill whatever you are infected with. Fevers typically may run from 100 - 104 degrees F. Contrary to popular opinion they almost never top 106 and so cannot cause brain damage which occurs above 108. But if they become uncomfortable you can always take aspirin which has an anti-inflammation effect and brings body temperature back to within the normal range.

Bottom line - ice baths provide no benefit for fevers. They will make the person incredibly uncomfortable and the resulting shivering will only make the person weaker and further elevate temperatures.

Here is the U.S. government fact sheet on fevers:
Fever: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Last edited by Mark Sandiego; 12-26-2012 at 01:03 AM.