Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: New York City, NY vs. Boston, MA
New York City 83 74.77%
Boston 28 25.23%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

I thought it was weird how she was complimenting herself all the time. She was funny though, but then she was awkward and sensitive. Weird.
hey_scrumpty likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

So Miss Costello, your show Costello --created in 1998 and gone shortly after-- was the first sitcom to use abrasive language, have women calling each other bitch, and portray a working class family, thereby setting a precedent?

So I guess you've never heard of Roseanne, Grace Under Fire, Mama's Family and All In The Family.

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 01-28-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Weird how that sort of interaction happens every 571 shows
sklXbns likes this.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
So Miss Costello, your show Costello --created in 1998 and gone shortly after-- was the first sitcom to use abrasive language, have women calling each other bitch, and portray a working class family, thereby setting a precedent?

So I guess you've never heard of Roseanne, Grace Under Fire, Mama's Family and All In The Family.

Well, I'm checking out the show now on Wikipedia, and the second episode is called "Monkey Butt," and is described thusly: "Sue writes an essay for her college application. Lottie exposes her red panties in church and gets the nickname "monkey butt."

The third episode is titled "Sue Drives, Ya Suck Bag."
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Really, really enjoyed Sue as a guest, please have her back.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just saw that Sue had some beef with the show notes, and possibly the hosts for that matter, for being too harsh or somehow misrepresenting her. I'm not trying to be offensive, but clearly she's confused. She had Keith howling throughout the show. That's not an easy thing to do. And it's obvious Chemda had a great time, too. So, there's no motive to do anything that would cast Sue in a negative light after the show wrapped and was posted.

Not to look too much into this, but she was defensive nearly from the get. One instance was when Keith started telling about how he had already met Sue; she was in full defense mode. Ten-seconds later, she was relieved to learn that the story had a happy ending and she was a hero.

She was an amazing guest and the show was aces. Sue, you were an amazing guest and EVERYONE likes you. EVERYONE wants you back on the show.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Loved this episode. I hope that the misunderstanding can be solved. I would love to hear her on the show again.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hm. Weird. Seemed like they had a fine time on the show. WTF? You know, this is where modern connectivity, IE: twitter, facebook, etc is kind of a bitch. As a fan, I would rather just be like 'wow that Sue Costello was great' and have that be the end of it. Oh well. Still hope she returns. You could bottle that laugh of hers up and sell it. Comedians. They sound like nothing ever could bother them - then they turn out to be the most sensitive people in the world! Oh well. All the good ones are overly sensitive weirdos. I don't trust the normal ones. You want a normal comedian, with 'ho-hum' topics and easy laughs: go buy a Dane Cook album.
When chemda had to explain to sue that when keith was interrupting her to make jokes that its a comedy show i kinda checked out, and realized it was gonna be one of those shows. Would it really kill new guests to maybe listen to an episode or 2 before coming up so they understand the rhythm and flow of the show because as great as keith and chemda are they can only do so much with some of these guests.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

She was a good guest. A bit in love with herself, and way too fucking sensitive to Keith's gentle pokes, but entertaining nonetheless.

Short women are generally not to be trusted. I believe this is the root of all the problems stemming from this ep.

It was nice to hear a beantown accent. Finally someone who pronounces "car" correctly (for my Aussie ears).
Carruthers likes this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Man, was she good! Great show. The drive through window story was a scream. 26:14: "I was, like, HAMmid"

Please, please, please have her back.
FingerLakes likes this.