Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: re: Artists lip-syncing conversation
I'm with Keith. It's bullshit. 42 64.62%
Whatever. 23 35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I love wu tang. It was a bad description, but I meant in the sense that OF is a huge collective. Every week I discover a new album by one of the members.

Casey Veggies 'Customized Greatly Vol. 1-3'
MellowHype and MellowHigh. The internet's 'Purpe Naked Ladies'
and anything w/ Earl Sweatshirt are incredible.

They're weird, crass, loud, and all that, but they have the same essential beats of old school hiphop. I like the minimalism. They remind me of DJ Premier's beats/ sampling.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKS View Post
yes Odd Future's music does seem crazy at first, a lot of '666 satan faggot nigger fuck shit murder rape cunt' type of lyrics. but they say they use the language to take the power and fear and negativity away from it. unlike wu-tang, they have no convicted criminals, their leader tyler the creator doesnt drink or do any drugs, they dont beleive in god or satan, and like he says in his own lyrics, "when i see a gun, i run.."

just like you are saying how blacks adopted the word nigga, the younger generation sees almost no negative connotation with faggot. OFWGKTA has two openly gay members, a first in hip hop music, and in their videos and interviews they are always poking fun and throwing 'fag' around at eachother. so for them at least, they see nothing wrong with it.

i dont really agree, i mean, i still think that most people should stay away from saying, nigga, retarded, and fag. i mean unless maybe they are a homosexual-mentally challenged -african-american. then you can say retarted fag nigga all you want, guilt-free i guess
It can go either way depending on who says it. This is much in the same way as nigger, but you rarely hear people use nigger negatively in public. People use faggot in a negative connotation all the time, and when it's used in a 'positive' or joking way, it still comes off really weird to people who don't know that maybe the people using the word are both gay and joking. To hear two black guys call each other nigger might still be weird to some people, but nigger in a song doesn't get criticized unless it's negative (which doesn't happen in popular music). Faggot in a song gets criticized whether negative or positive, and it's still something that people have to explain themselves for.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I love wu tang. It was a bad description, but I meant in the sense that OF is a huge collective. Every week I discover a new album by one of the members.

They're weird, crass, loud, and all that, but they have the same essential beats of old school hiphop. I like the minimalism. They remind me of DJ Premier's beats/ sampling.
It's like Wu-Tang's Killa Bees. There's so many people associated with them, just like any group of friends. You're right, but there's obviously core members. It's cool, though. If anybody should have your back, it's friends. I like that sort of outlook vs. 'this is me. this is my band. we are the band.' It's good for both longevity and creativity.
SNACKS likes this.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post

yeah their music is definitely cool. reminds me of older hip hop too and they have so many different styles. each member is unique and its awesome how they challenge most of the music out right now by being original and not following trends. nobody has done something like that since wu-tang so the comparison definitely makes sense. its like if wu-tang, pharell, and lil b had a group of babies, then raised them on a diet of donuts, internet, and waka flocka
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I can't remember if Keith said his TV was a Sony, but I had the exact same situation when I started dating a guy and went to his house to watch a movie. Put the flick in and everyone on the screen looked like they were "flowing" rather than living. Half an hour later I'd figured out the problem, but he never noticed the difference. Drove me nuts again when his TV "reset" one day last year. Gah!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Another great guest and another great interview. I think Sue shell shocked me because now I’m thinking “let’s wait a few days and make sure the guest was cool with how the show went before hoping they come back.”
The stuff about Mike Vick and Big Ben was something I’ve always wondered how people rationalized their take on hating one and not the other.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

1) kinda freaking hilarious that while listening to eps after Sue's first appearance I come across another episode about lip syncing, Madonna and Ms Duff just like the most recent ep IRL

2) fuck 3D TVs

3) how fucking ridiculous that this guy is notorious for being naked all the time and rubbing his nuts everywhere but NONE OF THE SHOW NOTE PICS HAVE HIM NAKED
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

don't let Will Cope hear this ep!! So much slander against Saint Beyonce!