Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLVII?
The San Francisco 49ers 43 70.49%
The Baltimore Ravens 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 02-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hey the Ravens support same sex marriage.
"They Won't Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster": Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It

" Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has spoken out in favor of a Maryland ballot initiative that would legalize gay marriage. Yahoo has published a letter that Maryland state delegate Emmett C. Burns Jr. wrote last week to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, urging him to "inhibit such expressions from your employee." This is Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe's response to Burns."

and

Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens Outside Linebacker, Says Team Would Welcome A Gay Player

And
Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo pushes for same-sex marriage, but thinks most people share Chris Culliver?s feelings on gays in sports - NY Daily News

Posting from phone or I'd quote the next two links as well.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Also, GO RAVENS!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda made an important point about overhead and the huge cost of paying rent for a venue downtown. Also, Keith raised an interesting point that artists are essentially creative people. They are not money-minded nor assertive in the ways of getting paid. It's incredibly sad as a comedy fan to hear someone like the great Matt Besser, ( a master in the art of improv and founding member of the UCB) would be a part of ripping off artists.

As a fan you want to give UCB the benefit of doubt, but Kurt Metzger makes some valid points. It would be cool to hear Kurt on KatG soon to hear him debate this issue.

Also, a great addition to this arguement was made several months ago on Marc Maron's WTF podcast when he interviewed Jimmy Walker. Jimmy re-tells the story of how he and other now notable comics had to boycott the famous Comedy Store in LA , back in the 1980's. Mitzy Shore, the owner, would put up and comers like Gary Shandling, Jay leno, and others without pay. All the comedians feared Mitzy and would even avoid performing at her competitor's comedy venue 'The Laugh Factory' for fear of reprisal. Eventually, they won and she agreed to pay $5 a night, but there were consequences...

It's a great episode and puts this arguement in historical context. Hope Keith and Chemda continue to cover this issue.

I
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

'its like watching a movie with your parents'

hahaha i swear that my mother and a bunch of my friends ALWAYS DO THIS it gets on my nerves. we are all seeing a movie for the very first time, the movie will show a new character or bring up mystery to be answered later or something. and then they will ask me, 'who is that?' 'why did they do that?' or some other question that i could not possibly know the answer to yet. im always yelling back, 'ITS A FUCKING PLOT DEVICE TO MOVE THE STORY FORWARD THEY WILL ANSWER IT LATER IF YOU FUCKING PAY ATTENTION!!' or something along those lines haha

its not as bad to ask about a football game tho cause some people dont know all the rules so dont feel bad about asking about a penalty or weird rule.

but not during a show or movie. never. ever. even if the person you are with has already seen it. you dont wanna spoil it by knowing the answers already! they will always resolve the question, or they will leave it unanswered and open for discussion on purpose to let the viewer decide. sorry its just a super pet peeve of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgNKAR-L24
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry to be the guy that needs help with a joke, but can someone help me with when Keith says "Yes, and..." in minute 38? Improv thing? Sounds like Chemda nearly fell off her chair!

Many thanks...love the show.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Yes And Improv Game - Drama Exercise

It's an understanding that you don't negate your fellow improver so that the scene keeps flowing.

It's the opposite of what I do when I "improv" with an improver on the show when I ask them to try a little with me.

"Wasn't it fun when we went to the moon?"

"I never went to the moon."

That's the opposite of 'yes and.'
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

"Beautiful!... Fantastic!..."
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I loved hearing Keith talk about feeling terrible about attending church. I’m glad to hear him draw a line. I think everyone gets a little blurry when it comes to relatives and our morals. Suddenly we can’t “boycott” our parents or even sit down and have a talk with them? It’s easier when it’s just Target or Chik-Fil-A but when it’s your own family supporting bigotry and hatred it’s a lot harder to tell them how problematic their views are. I think confronting our families is actually something that would be more likely to bring about change but I do understand it's much more difficult to do.

I kinda ran this idea by Keith and Chemda when they were on our show and I think maybe the word “boycott” was too strong at the time. But listening to Keith say this on his show was awesome. I applaud Keith for saying he’s going to take a stand and talk to his parents. It might not be a boycott but it’s a start.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I loved hearing Keith talk about feeling terrible about attending church. I?m glad to hear him draw a line. I think everyone gets a little blurry when it comes to relatives and our morals. Suddenly we can?t ?boycott? our parents or even sit down and have a talk with them? It?s easier when it?s just Target or Chik-Fil-A but when it?s your own family supporting bigotry and hatred it?s a lot harder to tell them how problematic their views are. I think confronting our families is actually something that would be more likely to bring about change but I do understand it's much more difficult to do.

I kinda ran this idea by Keith and Chemda when they were on our show and I think maybe the word ?boycott? was too strong at the time. But listening to Keith say this on his show was awesome. I applaud Keith for saying he?s going to take a stand and talk to his parents. It might not be a boycott but it?s a start.
Right on. I feel like a lot of the problems in the world have to be fixed on a much more personal level. I see a real disconnect in something like when people say they won't get married until gays can get married. Nobody's changing their minds because somebody else isn't eating at chikfila. The only way to make a change is to show someone face-to-face that gay people are just people. That goes with any other issue out there, too. Politics and stances and ideas don't seem to be getting the job done. Change will be slow and painful unless, like you said, you start with the people you know (unless I'm taking you out of context, haha).