Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keeping clean
Keith and JoAnna are dead on 33 57.89%
Keith and JoAnna are OCD weirdos 24 42.11%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Problem Solved!

After reading your post I've deduced that more people should simply cook at home and possibly start mugging Pastors...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

1] Because it's a lot harder to wait on a large table than a few small ones. People expect immediate attention and act like assholes if they don't get it.

2] Because in a large group when the total bill is being pooled, everyone shorts on the tip and a large group actually leaves less on avg than a 4 person family.[/QUOTE]

At our company xmas party, we had about 20 people. We were seated at 4 tables and I think each table had a waiter or waitress. Since one person was paying the bill, they added the automatic tip. So in this case, each person was only dealing with 4-5 people. I am pretty sure we did not act like assholes. And I am pretty sure we all got our food and drinks about the same time. (Compliments to the kitchen staff on that one). In this case it didn't matter because the boss added to the tip anyway. But should the automatic tip kick in just because only one person was paying?
I can not argue with 2, but when I have gone places with my coworkers, I have found that when we each pitch in to a common bill the tip has been larger. I think sometimes it is a little bit of the "I don't want to look like the cheapskate".

I do have this question, do you think the tip percentage goes up or down based on the total bill?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

SNACKS likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Bet the farm my ass Ravens up 21-3. Edgar Allen Poe's raven has awoken. Let's see if the 49ers can step it up.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

The way flacco is throwing them bombs i doubt it
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

This sums it up

Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

My thoughts when the lights went out

Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

I do understand why Applebee's fired the waitress, although they should understand that their establishment looks like a bigger bad guy now than the pastor does.

On Gawker, they pointed out that it was BS of Applebee's to claim that she was fired for sharing a private receipt. The company routinely posts images of the good notes they receive on their receipts on their Facebook page, along with the identifying information of the customer who left the note. You can see two examples HERE. They fired her because this pastor raised a stink, but it turns out that the blowback they're getting over the firing is way worse than the embarrassment they were getting over the pastor's comments.

I agree with Joanna when she says that this sort of rude treatment needs to be exposed and people need to be shamed for it. There is still a pervasive attitude that servers/cashiers/etc are a subhuman caste that are not deserving of respect. They're stupid or lazy, obviously, otherwise why else would they be serving people?

As much fun as I now have with my crazy stories of psycho customers from back when I was a grocery store clerk, actually doing that job was a soul-sucking experience. People threw their money in my face while they yakked on their cell phones, they threw their groceries at my head if they didn't like the total, they'd throw the groceries of the next person in line onto the floor because they couldn't figure out how the belt worked, etc. I can't even imagine the abuse that waitstaff get; it was bad enough seeing these people for two or three minutes at a time while I checked them out.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Close Your Tabs
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

I will agree with Blitzgal and Joanna that shaming a customer can be a valid thing. But remember also that shaming the wait staff might be just as valid. It is just as valid to congratulate either for a job well done.
The last time I went to Applebees, my waitress was exceptional. when I filled out the survey (seems every receipt i get lately has one of these), I made sure to point out how well she did her job. We found out she was at the end of a 14 hour shift and she was as upbeat and friendly as could be. I hope her management brought this up in a staff meeting, so she could get even more praise.
I assume anything I would write or comment can be used in public. If it is praise, let the person get the recognition, if it is bad, maybe it can teach others also. If I act like a jerk, then I should be held accountable.
There have been times when I have given very large tips that I would prefer to keep anonymous. In the future, I will make sure to state that as a condition of the tip.