Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Regarding: The End Of The World
Honestly, I know when it is. 10 12.50%
Honestly, I have no idea. 70 87.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's sad newer fans will never know the fat-fuck, sociopath that was/is: the great Danny Lobell. Damn. VIP, kids...those older shows are golden and well worth it.

Also, I just listened to WMN: First Time. Wow. Myka Fox didn't lose her virginity until 19? Seems about 8 yrs off. Pat Dixon lost his at 13? Sounds...just right. Aw, Chemda and Lauren both lost theirs at the same age of... And Ben Lerman sings of his first gentlemen-with-his-cock-out-in-a-bathroom-stall' encounter. My new favorite WMN episode. Chemda handled that live audience like a champ.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

The book of Revelation (no "s") is about the Roman Empire and current events that were going on at the time it was written. 666 refers to the emperor Nero.

I like when the guest started interviewing Keith and Chemda. It was fun going down memory lane with them. I want to go back and listen to old episodes again.
Bucho and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 02-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
The book of Revelation (no "s") is about the Roman Empire and current events that were going on at the time it was written. 666 refers to the emperor Nero.
Interesting. They never taught this at bible camp. Where did you find this information?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
I have never heard of this before... if Nero was the beast, shouldn't the world have ended by now?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quick search: 666 nero, boom. Translate it to Hebrew, turn all the letters to numbers, and they add up to 666. I just did one for USA. USA=41. According to wikipedia="In Christianity, 41 represents the 39 lashes Jesus received before the crucifixion, plus one for the spear in his side, plus one for the crown of thorns". So, USA=the death of Jesus=the Antichrist. People are and have always been drawn to the apparent correlation between the occult/religious/whatever and numbers. It wouldn't surprise me if Nero=666 is what the Apostles had in mind. What's interesting is that 666 is a very unique number besides being attributed to Nero. It must go even further back, and the Apostles were just attributing it to Nero in the same way David Icke has probably attributed it to Obama. We're all bumbling morons in our basements pasting newspaper clippings together.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Interesting. They never taught this at bible camp. Where did you find this information?
Interpretations of the book of Revelation have gone back and forth for centuries. Various people and groups throughout the centuries have rejected it as canon. For example, Thomas Jefferson viewed it as the ravings of a mad man and left it out of his version of the Bible. Wiki has a super huge page on the book, get ready to fall asleep:
Book of Revelation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the breakdown of the various interpretations of the text:

Quote:
Most of the interpretations fall into one or more of the following categories:
Historicist, which sees in Revelation a broad view of history;

Preterist, in which Revelation mostly refers to the events of the apostolic era (1st century), or—at the latest—the fall of the Roman Empire;

Futurist, which believes that Revelation describes future events (modern believers in this interpretation are often called "millennialists");

Idealist, or Symbolic, which holds that Revelation does not refer to actual people or events, but is an allegory of the spiritual path and the ongoing struggle between good and evil.
Revelation is the latest book to be accepted as canon, and was probably written over a century after the other books of the Bible.

Here is the page on the Number of the Beast: Number of the Beast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I have never heard of this before... if Nero was the beast, shouldn't the world have ended by now?
Many times over, if you listen to every Tom, Dick and Harry with an apocalyptic theory. The men who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls were celibate monks living in caves who thought the world was going to end in their lifetimes. People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 02-28-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Living in Montana, (and being a crazy person) I run into a lot of these crazy people who connect odd dots like '666=Nero' and I can't tell if it's coincidence, or if they are pre-disposed to seeing weird connections, ...or what.

Either way, God's a total asshole and the Bible is boring as fuck. It's interesting and still relevent though, unfortunately, as it is probably why the world WILL end. These people with their Korans and Bibles all expect an apocalypse. They will literally manifest it; whether it was going to naturally occur or not. Scary.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers; the number of prime numbers up to 666 is 121, which is the square of 11, which is the number of prime numbers up to 36; 666 is 1010011010 in the binary numeral system which is the same as its one's complement in reverse digit order (it took me five minutes to figure out what that means, BUT IT'S THERE: 10100 11010); the first 146 decimal digits of φ (Golden Ratio) sum to 666, 1+4+6=11; 666 = 2² + 3² + 5² + 7² + 11² + 13² + 17²...

Coincidence THAT, piff.

But for real, just as there have always been religious nut-jobs predicting the end of the world, I think there have always been sane people like you and me that thought the religious big boys were going to bring the end of the world by their own fault. We've been okay for the last thousands of years, and I think we'll continue our winning streak for thousands of years to come.

Quote:
Many times over, if you listen to every Tom, Dick and Harry with an apocalyptic theory. The men who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls were celibate monks living in caves who thought the world was going to end in their lifetimes. People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers; the number of prime numbers up to 666 is 121, which is the square of 11, which is the number of prime numbers up to 36; 666 is 1010011010 in the binary numeral system which is the same as its one's complement in reverse digit order (it took me five minutes to figure out what that means, BUT IT'S THERE: 10100 11010); the first 146 decimal digits of φ (Golden Ratio) sum to 666, 1+4+6=11; 666 = 2² + 3² + 5² + 7² + 11² + 13² + 17²...

Coincidence THAT, piff.
Have you ever seen the Number 23 (with Jim Carey)... It will blow your mind.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Have you ever seen the Number 23 (with Jim Carey)... It will blow your mind.

No. It will not. :P

Last edited by Blitzgal; 02-28-2013 at 02:31 PM.