Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which gang do you prefer?
Crips 35 56.45%
Bloods 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
New york traffic can kiss my ass i was there for a day a atleast hit 3 people walking
Please provide clarification: you almost hit three people or you hit at least three people?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

They literally walked infront of my car
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
They literally walked infront of my car
As opposed to metaphorically?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Regarding the 911 call, if there was a DNR order in place then the facility needs to be sure they have that order in hand, signed by a physician, and that it has not expired. Otherwise, the DNR is not valid and they need to call 911 and start CPR themselves. This is where things get strange in this call. If you have the DNR order, why call? Or even if you call 911, why not be clear about the order being in place and available so everyone (especially this frantic operator) are on the same page? On the other hand, if the order isn't available or isn't valid, then the staff need to call 911 and start CPR, which is what the paramedics are going to do anyway without that order. I think the right thing to do was provide privacy and comfort for this woman (or as Keith's neighbor might say - a little palliative care) if in fact her wish was to die in peace.

In other news, if you believe Wikipedia the east coast Bloods (United Blood Nation) formed as a east coast prison gang separately from the L.A. Bloods which were a faction of the L.A. Crips. If that's true, it makes sense why there are so many more Bloods on the east coast. It seems strange that gangs formed to fight over streets of some city are now global. It also seems strange that this country divides itself into red and blue states. I wonder if that ever gets confusing for them.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
nice tough words on the internet, tough guy
I wasn't trying to sound tough. But, how would you describe a bunch of kids that try to show their affiliation with each other with flamboyant hand signals, brightly colored handkerchiefs/clothing and even have their own dance. Now that I think of it West Side Story was a much more accurate depiction of gangsters than I first thought.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

If there was a DNR, they would not be able to call 911 under the orders of the DNR... but there wasn't! This was an idependant living home, not a hospice, so a DNR is not mandatory in a place like that.

There was no DNR order... at least that's what the news is saying, and if there was, wouldn't they have jumped on that fact to make the nurse look even more wrong!? Media loves bad guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I love Ari Shaffir. He's an even 'badder' Jew than Chemda.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-06-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: bacon, weed, and religion
Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
If there was a DNR, they would not be able to call 911 under the orders of the DNR... but there wasn't! This was an idependant living home, not a hospice, so a DNR is not mandatory in a place like that.

There was no DNR order... at least that's what the news is saying, and if there was, wouldn't they have jumped on that fact to make the nurse look even more wrong!? Media loves bad guys.
This is what I didn't understand at all. If there is a DNR, then why was 911 being called. That "nurse" was really annoying on the phone.

DNR's are done all the time and things are pretty clear. If indeed this woman had a DNR, they should have moved her to a quiet location and let her pass and then call the morgue etc.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

According to the news I read there was no DNR, however the daughter says she was not upset at the nurses decision.

BUT the nurse is now on leave while they investigate what the proper procedure should have been, and will take action against her or not.

The nurse couldn't have done a worse job handling this (and the first woman on the phone was also terrible)
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ari was a great guest. Funny fucker, and I agree with his views on kids.

I wanted to make a joke about 2 jews and a mick walk into a podcast, but it turns out that writing jokes isn't as easy as it looks, so I'll just stick to shitposting.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.