Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which gang do you prefer?
Crips 35 56.45%
Bloods 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 03-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted Bloods because I never had five of them kick the shit out of me when I was in high school.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

story?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I voted Bloods because I never had five of them kick the shit out of me when I was in high school.
Were you in the states? Did you happen to have a blue handkerchief hanging out your back pocket a la Johnny Depp?

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-09-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: grammer first, kids..
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No, I've never made it to the US yet Piff. I don't know how much you know about gangs but there's a set of Crips called the Tongan Crip Gang who operate in many cities of the US and also in several cities across the world whereever there's a large enough concentration of young angry Polynesians. I grew up in South Auckland which is home to the largest Polynesian community in the world. The TCGs are just like your garden variety American crips but with 20-40% more body mass and more likely to be carrying machetes than nine mills.

I was 17 and it was about 10:30 at night after a school talent quest and I was hanging out across the road from the school with four buddies. There were a ton of people milling around because the talent quest had only just finished, but out of the blue a group of seven TCG guys came right up to us and asked which one of us had "got smart" to their cousin. I had no idea what they were talking about but every idea what was about to happen so I reached down to throw my jacket under a car and when I stood back up I took a fist in the chops. Before I knew it I was on the deck, sort of crouched against the car while several of them kicked the crap out of me. The shots were coming in in too much of a volume to get up or try to fight back so I just covered up.

After 8 or 9 hours (actually 20 or 30 seconds) of being pounded on they took off and being an idiot I took the chance to get back up and chase one of them. I managed to catch and tackle one of them and he fell onto a low railing at the edge of the carpark, but he got free of me before I could hit him at all and they all piled into a couple of cars and were gone. To this day I console myself by telling myself that the guy I tackled onto the railing must have at broken least 3 ribs and probably pissed his pants and was made fun of by the rest of his bros later.

Turns out, I discovered afterwards, on the way to the school earlier that evening a couple of kids (13-14ish) had been sitting on a wall outside a house as we walked past and had asked us if we had any smokes on us and me and one of my other buddies actually had "gotten smart" to them. I had genuinely forgotten that had happened so I really didn't know what the big boys were on about. But the kids had reported us to the big boys and the big boys had targetted me and my buddy, which is why even though it started outnumbered 7 on 5, we ended up outnumbered 7 on 2 (none of the other three were fighters by any stretch of the imagination so they bailed on us immediately), and for some reason only two of them went at my buddy and five went at me. I guess I had gotten smarter than my buddy.

Only last year a friend of mine emailed me that he'd found out one of the guys from that night was in prison because of aggravated and armed assault charges. I ended up with lumps, black eyes, split, fat lips, smacked up ribs but somehow nothing broken, so luckily I escaped with only the minor brain damage you guys see in evidence every time I post on the forums.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
The TCGs are just like your garden variety American crips but with 20-40% more body mass and more likely to be carrying machetes than nine mills.

so luckily I escaped with only the minor brain damage you guys see in evidence every time I post on the forums.
Polynesian thugs: terrifying, I'm sure!

Lol. Well, at least you have your humor - and your life.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I ended up with lumps, black eyes, split, fat lips, smacked up ribs but somehow nothing broken, so luckily I escaped with only the minor brain damage you guys see in evidence every time I post on the forums.
Finally an explanation! Thanks.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Poll relevant to my interests. I've never had any run-ins with gangs (middle-class white immigrant), and I was never a poser or anything, but I'd snap join if I were black and grew up in the hood.

My favorite independent gang rap:

You could say I'm a gangster, except instead of selling drugs or pimping, I study math.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #38 (permalink)

It's probably been said but fantastic guest! I lol'ed
Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #39 (permalink)

Hey does anyone have a link to the news story about the middle schoolers selling blowjobs?

...wow, now i sound like a pervert.

srsly tho, please help, i tried to repeat this story, no one believed me. ><
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #40 (permalink)

Haha, kids selling blowjobs is crazy, but it's not unbelievable. Your buddies need a wake-up call.