Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is worse?
Hugo Chavez 27 23.89%
Dan Allen 86 76.11%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

MailChimp? It's more like MailChump if you ask me! Am I right, folks?

Ahahaha mhmmmhmm ooooh [raspberry sound].
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm so glad Ray called Dan... but when he didn't pick up I spent the rest of the show willing Keith and Chemda to pick up their phone, and see if he picks up for them! Damn! Oh how I can't wait to hear from Dan or update from Ray!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

Oh my gosh. I was in the grocery store this morning while listening to this episode and lol'ing at the FIRE in Chemda's voice. Keith, I liked where you were going with the baby idea...

Jeez Ray, I really hope you get the password. Take that nigga to small claims court. Turn it into a Suckadickapuntas video!

I have a feeling that Dan will try and say that he owns the mailing list because of his Supermango BS. Don't let him bully you Ray.
Sparrow and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I need to have Chemda on my side she was a caged animal today. Get'em Chemda
Bucho likes this.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Did everyone hear the e-mail address for Dan off the answering machine? Just sayin'.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

When people get robbed or swindled - it's the worst. It feels like when it happens to an artist; that it is amplified somehow.

You could make the arguement that artists need to be better capitalists. You could also argue that business partners don't be absolute cunts to each other.

It'd be one thing if Ray was oblivious, but the fact he kept asking for the email list it's obvious that Dan Allen is a piece of shit. Chemda getting pissed was awesome.

Keith and Chemda: Professional small business consultants
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamis View Post
Did everyone hear the e-mail address for Dan off the answering machine? Just sayin'.
let's not take away the high ground from ray. give him a chance and the right to deal with dan in the manner he feels comfortable with (ray: figure that shit out and do it, sugar) without having to also defend or explain your hate mail. there's enough to be getting on with and he did not ask.

your words are essentially his words when you put them on the internet on his behalf. should, by any happenstance, the law get involved things like this come up. don't make ray have that experience in front of a judge.

calm down. send an affirming or confidence building tweet to our buddy @raydevito instead
Bucho, Newsy, Carruthers and 1 others like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Uuuhhh Wow...

I've done business with some real shady people; my first business being concert and comedy shows and then real estate. I learned early on I don't need to like a person to do business with them. However respecting a person and trust is important to the nth degree.

Some things I learned early on.
1) Put it in writing. There is nothing wrong with a simple contract and confidentiality agreement. I don't do homeboy hookup deals. If someone isn't willing to put their name on the line that is a red flag if there ever was one.
2) Get paid first. You have to know how much money came in and how much is going out.
3) Being assertive does not make you an asshole or in the case of women; being assertive doesn't make you a bitch.

Jeez, if Chemda ever went into artist management she would make a killing. Also, look her up she's all over the web talking about the business aspect of Keith and the Girl.
Bucho likes this.

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 03-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

not only dan alolen is a rotting bag of cunts, but he acted badly to a legitimately good person. i hope he rots from anal cancer.
Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ray, Ray, Ray, please for the love of God get some balls. There are so many people out there who love you, support you, and have your best interest, and none of them are Dan Allen. He is the ultimate scum of the earth, taking advantage of someone so trusting that his buddy would never fuck him over that bad. Be prepared to have to take him to small claims court for the email list...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to delete the whole thing.

I was fuming like Chemda was over the money and the whole fucked up nature of it. Since he hasn't been pulling his weight at all, write him out. Hell, do what I tell my clients to do, write down a list of pros and cons in having him being your business partner still. Also write down all of the good things he has done for you and all of the times he has fucked you over/let you down/been a douche bag and see how each list adds up. You already know that he's toxic for you, but it really, really, really hits home when you see it written down on paper, as hard evidence rather than all in your head.

You have so much talent...please don't be so afraid of people like Dan Allen not liking you, he is not worthy of your time, or respect.