Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Keith's dad attend Keith's wedding?
Yes 102 87.93%
No 14 12.07%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was angry at Mr. Malley's letter to Keith. It's a typical drama queen thing to do, it's manipulative and cunty. Mr. Malley seriously needs to go sit in the naughty corner for a couple of years and fucking wake up to himself.

Has he even given any consideration to how his actions might affect Cat?

He's a fucking child.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

I like how Keith has played it over the years, slowly removing himself and trying more to be civil, giving his father chances to make amends and stop being, um, they way he is. Now he pulls this drama and tries to use the wedding as leverage but gets rebuffed with Keith coming out as Atheist. Brilliant.

Keith's been giving others the advice of don't feel obliged with family if they wont treat you well. I think you've made enough effort and if it wasn't for your mother you'd say fuck it. I'm sure the dad will give in because of the rest of the family but he'll know you didn't grovel or back down, which often seems to be what he's after. I think you were right about him still missing the power from his ministering days.

Your guests were a bit quiet on this one. Have them both back on a slow news day.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm developing a time machine to go back in time and killl WSE2 with a machete.
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-19-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: I got trolled...FUCK!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
The letter sounded pretty final, but I'm thinking that there is time to change his mind. After all it's his son.

I can't stress this enough, Jesus loves you folks. There are things that you're doing that he doesn't like but you still have time to repent. Also in the highly unlikely event that you do renounce your ways you don't have to be Catholic there are plenty of other Christian denominations to choose from.
wait, this isn't a troll?
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
wait, this isn't a troll?
apparently not but i think he pushes it, lately. he got attention, now he wants more. like Sleep did.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post

Has he even given any consideration to how his actions might affect Cat?

He's a fucking child.
if keith's dad resembles mine, and one of the connections that brought me to this show was how i related to growing with a passive aggressive weirdo catholic, he will not care at all. at a certain age, guys like that feel entitled to be as douchey as they want no matter hoiw many people they hurt cause most of their loved ones have given up or died. thats what happened to my family. and that si why i will try to never introduced my loved ones to him, if possible.

ADDED NOTE: im pretty sure keith's dad wants to be begeed too. what a gigantic mind fuck.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 03-19-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to the show right now and keith just finished reading his response to his dad. I'm well aware of how much of an asshole I normally am on the forums but I'm being sincere right now. This show has been a fairly important part of my life for the past 6 years. Like many others it absolutely had a huge influence in my growing up from a kid in highschool and into an adult. I guess maybe I take this for granted sometimes but the reason that I am still able listen is that the show and everyone that makes up katg is constantly growing, they're real people, not just characters on some shitty morning radio show. Listening to keith read that letter was a reminder of how much not only have I grown as a person in the past six years but of how much katg has grown. 6 years ago keith would have never written a response like that to his dad, or even been so straightforward with his dad. He not only told him he no longer believes in god but did so in a way where he's not mocking his dad for what he believes but merely informing him that he is his own man and is going to live his own life. Maybe its just every me relating to the moment we prove ourselves to our parents as adults and our own person rather than an extension of them but hearing keith read his letter made me stop what I was doing and post this stupidly long post.
Bucho, arty, Lanfear and 7 others like this.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamis View Post
Relationships are difficult enough, but when external people interfere for no apparent reason it just goes up my back.

Fuck yeah.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
hearing keith read his letter made me stop what I was doing and post this stupidly long post.
What were you doing, sending Keith's dad yet another CD of the show?
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandias View Post
What were you doing, sending Keith's dad yet another CD of the show?
Or logged into his Daniel Mann FB account wondering why everyone just unfriended him?