Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You bought the $2.2M bowl for $3. Would you give the original owners any of the $2M?
Yes 48 46.60%
No 55 53.40%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 03-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Nice post Lizquiz. Gross, but interesting.

I wonder though, does a $20 pack create a black market for cheap cigs? Like, if some asshole in the states built a giant raft out of Marlboros and floated over there. If he set up a connection with say, a guy named Scumhook and started transporting cigs like coke Down Under...there'd be a profit, right? I'm just saying...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
Here in Canada its been illegal to display cigarettes in shops for quite a while, and we also have the big pictures of bad lungs and such on them. I like them covered. The biggest reason that I support not displaying them is that from what I hear quitting is hard enough. You don't need them to be in your face every time you pay for gas or enter a store that sells them when you are trying to quit.
As someone who 3 months ago quit for the fourth time in his life, not having them displayed is nice.

Almost all of the measures they take with packaging is to make them less attractive to the next generation coming through, they are not aimed at current smokers. The price rise is for current smokers even though roll your own doesn't go up as much as pre-rolled so it just pushed me onto them.

Apparently we can't just make them illegal or the tourists will freak out.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

oh and that rainbow house is FUCKING BRILLIANT
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Sorry Scummy. I didn't mean to drag you into my capitalist yank scheme. My apologies. Also, is that pic you posted Al Pacino? Damn. He looks like the 'Hale-Bop Cult Guy' Sad.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Not displaying the cigarettes would help us reformed smokers more than anyone else. I've been able to not think about smoking for the past three years right until this last new years. If I had been able to walk into a store and see a pack of smokes I would have started smoking all over again.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Hey, it couldn't hurt. Might as well do it.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Sorry Scummy. I didn't mean to drag you into my capitalist yank scheme. My apologies. Also, is that pic you posted Al Pacino? Damn. He looks like the 'Hale-Bop Cult Guy' Sad.
Feel free to drag me into any capitalist scheme that's going to make me money!! Our government are a pack of pinko leftwing commie wankers, but I'm certainly not (apart from the wanker bit, of course).

Fucked if I know who's in the pic. Just a random Google search that spoke to me on a visceral level. And lol @ the Hale-Bob dude.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

Chemda mentioned the "women and children first" thing. I remember reading about this study last year:

Women And Children First? Shipwreck Study Shows Men More Likely To Survive Maritime Disasters

Quote:
The captain, crew and male passengers are more likely to survive maritime disasters than women and children, finds a new study by economists at Uppsala University in Sweden.

When it comes to abandoning ship, "it appears as if it's every man for himself," said lead researcher Mikael Elinder in a statement.

Elinder and his colleague studied 18 shipwrecks, including the Titanic and Lusitania, from 1852 to 2011 that involved more than 15,000 passengers and more than 30 nationalities. They limited their study to disasters that included information on the sex of survivors, that involved at least 100 people, and where at least 5 percent survived and 5 percent died.
The Titanic was apparently the exception.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
My Pop is 75, smoker for 60+ years and his teeth are ugly but nothing like that. Also 0% gangrene.
The problem is the fact that his dentures are ugly, his real teeth fell out 15 years ago
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We just posted the videos from this episode on YouTube. Watch them all and give them a thumbs up!

Click here for the videos