Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who's more right re: the sleeping on the floor discussion?
Keith 97 52.43%
Chemda & Danny 88 47.57%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree93Likes

Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

I think only someone who's never had recurrent sleeping problems can underplay the importance of a good night sleep. It is absolutely essential to being healthy and productive, so I'd say that sleeping on the floor is a very bad long term idea.

Keith was not exaggerating at all, and the way the others were reacting to him was a bit weird.
Keith, product, swiggy and 4 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Keith was not exaggerating at all, and the way the others were reacting to him was a bit weird.
Keith was being nice and kind to Danny. Danny was acting like Keith's comments were unwelcome to him but in my opinion he was really enjoying them and taking pride in the fact that Keith thinks Danny is toughing it out so severely.

And I think that while Danny couldn't be honest about it that Chemda's comments (that it was not that big a deal) were likely deflating to him and while she may view them as supportive they probably mostly didn't feel that way to him.

I think if Danny wasn't pretending then he would have asked Chemda if she'd truly prefer to sleep on the floor instead of her futon then why doesn't she just do that?

Keith also said or implied at one point that he was being "tough love" nice to Danny like the army, but that's also pretend. Keith was being soft love nice to Danny by making him feel good.

This is my interpretation of all the feels everybody was oozing all over this episode.

Oh and I do think Chemda thought she was being supportive and nice to Danny by being on "his side" (agreeing with what he claims to think about it).
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Tempurpedic is the way to go
Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
It's posts like this that ensure men will never respect women.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Wow Keith you sound like the delusional church going republicans who are 2nd or 3rd generation middle class that I work with. They don’t understand how poor people don’t figure out how to get money and do better in life. Total privileged mindset you have there, glad you are doing well but don’t forget the struggle that you went through.
ImStillToni likes this.

Last edited by da_ticklah; 03-26-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Wow Keith you sound like the delusional church going republicans who are 2nd or 3rd generation middle class that I work with. They don’t understand how poor people don’t figure out how to get money and do better in life. Total privileged mindset you have there, glad you are doing well but don’t forget the struggle that you went through.
Total privileged mindset...

MY FAMILY WAS MORE POOR THAN YOUR FAMILY! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!

Amazon.com: Intex Fabric Camping Mattress: Sports & Outdoors

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-66927E-D...s=air+mattress

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Classic-...s=air+mattress
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Keith, I hope you went through KATG.com/amazon for those!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Always.

If I get enough of a kickback through KATG.com/amazon I can get that mattress add-on I've been eyeing.
Sashi, ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I think only someone who's never had recurrent sleeping problems can underplay the importance of a good night sleep. It is absolutely essential to being healthy and productive

Yeah good sleep is important, and that's why I started routinely sleeping on the floor about 12 years ago. Sleeping on mattresses would make me feel like shit in the morning because they weren't firm enough. I figured that I was just doomed to a life of awful sleep. I finally had enough money to buy a superfantastic $1500 mattress that would blow me, but I still couldn't get a comfortable and restful sleep most of the time.

Then, for some reason, I fell asleep on a floor and felt great in the morning. It happened a few more times, and eventually, if I needed a good night sleep, I would sleep on the floor and get it.

I take pictures.
You like pictures?
I take them.

Here, Taste my pictures

Or, Get Creeped at http://OldCreeper.com
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

Here's my two cents (or 0.01% of a mattress): If you can't afford to sleep on a mattress in New York, you can't afford to live in New York. Danny himself said the relief of sleeping in comfort after three months on the floor was exquisite. The argument should end there. If I had to sleep on a floor for more than one night, I'd be verging on suicidal. Three months and I'd... Well, I'd be Danny.
Keith, Daniel, ImStillToni and 1 others like this.