Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who's more right re: the sleeping on the floor discussion?
Keith 97 52.43%
Chemda & Danny 88 47.57%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree93Likes

Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Is the floor shag carpeted?

Jokes aside... As much as I understand Chemda and Danny's point (i.e. even 10 dollars, that's two meals if planned properly), lack of sleep can fuck you worse than skipping a few meals. Not only physically because alignment of skeletal and muscular positions, but mentally as well. It can add to depression. Mental health decline can then means more physical decline compounded from the decline from the physical stress on the body (did anyone also mention body heat escaping through the floor, body then has to work harder to keep you warm?).

Danny, I can only sympathize as I'm not in your situation, I'm lucky to not have to choose as you have had to and from this moment know that you've changed my understanding. However, I can see where Keith's fixation on this matter, he's looking out for you in the long term.

Swiggy - She/Her/elle
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

"Owning a mattress is not a priority" is the dumbest thing i've ever heard
Keith, Tech007, Daniel and 3 others like this.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

I moved to NYC with a futon. It caused me more pain than not, so I got rid of it. I spent the next year and a half without one, and slept great. Even when I moved to Pittsburgh, I continued to not have a bed. It's just better for my back.
da_ticklah likes this.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've never agreed with Keith more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Not to shit on Keith's newer Xbox... but they are releasing next version of the Xbox in November, not only that but your Xbox 360 games most likely won't be playable on the new system.
Unless youre a microsoft employee, this is complete guesswork. Don't worry, Keith. And I'm completely sure that your Xbox 360 games will be compatable.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
I moved to NYC with a futon. It caused me more pain than not, so I got rid of it. I spent the next year and a half without one, and slept great. Even when I moved to Pittsburgh, I continued to not have a bed. It's just better for my back.
CAVEAT!

Newsy doesn't currently sleep on the floor.

That might be a point to note through all his silliness.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

I had an air mattress for the first year after moving out on my own. It sucked the whole time. Real beds FTW. I still need to get myself a *really* nice mattress one day, but for now I have to make due with middle quality.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandias View Post
Yeah good sleep is important, and that's why I started routinely sleeping on the floor about 12 years ago. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
I voted for Keith because I think sleeping on the floor for months is ridiculous but I am willing to learn.

I can understand how a bad bed can be a problem but I would always iamgine that you have to sleep on something so would you mind telling me details?
- hard wood/tile/carpet?
- do you put a pillow on the floor and pull a comforter over yourself and that's it?
- If not what is below you? thin sheet, comforter, thin foam thing like you use for insulation during camping???
- Isn't that super cold from below you at times?

I have looked for guest beds as my apartment is small and found some foldable foam mattress that doubles as a sofa chair for around 40 USD - I assume that is what Danny has now that he has unpacked his dads gift?
I am deeply sorry Danny but not opening that for ages is very silly
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helllomoto View Post
I've never agreed with Keith more.

Unless youre a microsoft employee, this is complete guesswork. Don't worry, Keith. And I'm completely sure that your Xbox 360 games will be compatable.
Saying your completely sure that the xbox 360 games will be compatible is also complete guess work. No one in the games industry thinks this will happen so it's more likely that they won't be compatible.

That being said buying an xbox now isn't a bad purchase. They're cheap and have hundreds of good games for it. The new xbox will be expensive and have almost no games for the first year or so. Add to that the fact that they will still be making xbox 360 games for the next year or so and there's no reason you shouldn't buy one if you want one.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

aye aye yeesh.

keith. you're not wrong. your personal bedding priorities are valid. that being said, you were hard on danny in a way that wasn't as loving as your intent. you want your buddy to live like a person; it demonstrates your faith and investment in this person. maybe blind-siding him with shame and charity wasn't the best for your being heard. i believe you owe him an apology for your approach. it didn't lift him up and i know that's what you want for him.

hug it out.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A: I don't believe reading a tweet he wrote is blind-siding. B: I want to literally lift him up. Up off the floor.

Last edited by Keith; 03-26-2013 at 09:20 AM.