Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who's more right re: the sleeping on the floor discussion?
Keith 97 52.43%
Chemda & Danny 88 47.57%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree93Likes

Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The order of priority is, food & water, shelter, job, mattress. ANYTHING that costs money beyond those things you shouldn't do if you don't have a mattress! Its not worth the pain it will cause you later in life. If you don't have a mattress you don't buy a six pack to go to a party, you don't take people out on a date, you don't buy drinks at bars, you don't get tv, netflix, or hbo, you don't drink coffee or smoke weed. You can get an air mattress for $50, if you do ANY of these things you can get a mattress in a week of savings on any of these things.
Arguably you need a computer and cell phone and some form of transport in todays world to work, but other than that you don't NEED anything else.

Now, I'm not going to presume to believe that Danny does most of these things. I don't know the guy personally. But I bet he could have found one thing on the list to cut for a mattress.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith's Right

Keith's wicked right- just get a mattress. The argument was bonkers.

However- bringing The Smiths into the discussion was a low blow.
LEAVE MORRISSEY ALONE!

Danny's a lucky fuck that he has people like Keith and Chemda in his life.

He's gonna be fine. I'd bet my Morrissey/Smiths collection on it. Like... a-okay, 100%, solid-as-a-rock fine.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl19 View Post
Danny's a lucky fuck that he has people like Keith and Chemda in his life.

He's gonna be fine. I'd bet my Morrissey/Smiths collection on it. Like... a-okay, 100%, solid-as-a-rock fine.
ya know, you're right. maybe i'm being a sensitive prick. our slash and burn method of growin' folks has yielded some mighty fine results.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #44 (permalink)

Maybe it's was your first month in NYC, possibly second, and you JUST got a mattress, but a year?! You either actually like sleeping on the floor, or you have underlying issues. But who am I...I like to lay on the floor when I get home, after a long day. I then, of course, retreat to my bed later.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I voted for Keith because I think sleeping on the floor for months is ridiculous but I am willing to learn.

I can understand how a bad bed can be a problem but I would always iamgine that you have to sleep on something so would you mind telling me details?
- hard wood/tile/carpet?
- do you put a pillow on the floor and pull a comforter over yourself and that's it?
- If not what is below you? thin sheet, comforter, thin foam thing like you use for insulation during camping???
- Isn't that super cold from below you at times?
I used to put down my least favorite, thin summer blanket on the bottom, to protect my wonderfully comfortable goose-down duvet, with another blanket on top of me. When I needed studio space (for photography), I bundled it all up in 2 seconds and tossed it in the closet. It made it easy to clean the entire floor whenever I did laundry.

Also, I only have a bed now because you obviously can't bring a date home to the floor. Not a keeper, anyways.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #46 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wonder if Keith is not fully appreciating the banking situation. Danny has to be very careful not to fuck it up at the bank. Otherwise they will take him for thousands in fees and take away his ability to get Paypal money. Keith fucked up several times with the bank when he was younger, and I think most would agree the floor is better than jail.

Sleeping on the floor is an investment in his future. These deprivations will pay off.

Keith, at what age were you able to have your own bank account? Not Kat's or Chemda's.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
of course not. public is public domain. the sharpness with which you spoke about it coupled with offers of just getting it for him was surprising and confusing. it made it hard to hear where you were coming from and made him feel shamed. i could almost hear him tuck his tail.
Is everyone acting, or nuts?

Keith wasn't sharp in any way and Danny was basking in Keith's comments.

If Keith and Danny were chicks a similar conversation would have been,

Keith, "you really are too pretty and thin, I'm worried everyone you meet is going to be too jealous of you and it will just hurt you in life to be that pretty"

Danny, "No stop it. You're being horrible, I am NOT too pretty. Stop saying that!"

... Danny liked it that Keith viewed what he's doing as being very tough, do other people truly not think this is what happened?

Are we all acting too?

Keith you're horrible.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
I used to put down my least favorite, thin summer blanket on the bottom, to protect my wonderfully comfortable goose-down duvet, with another blanket on top of me. When I needed studio space (for photography), I bundled it all up in 2 seconds and tossed it in the closet. It made it easy to clean the entire floor whenever I did laundry.

Also, I only have a bed now because you obviously can't bring a date home to the floor. Not a keeper, anyways.
Now that is what I would have imagined and what Keith (I assume) was trying to say when he kept insisting "just find some foam"
You put some type of cushion below you and that isn't really sleeping on the floor in my book - you just like a super thin mattress.

Whatever that foam thing is that Danny has now is probably a similar size/thinkness otherwise he wouldn't have confused it with a comforter, right????
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
I wonder if Keith is not fully appreciating the banking situation. Danny has to be very careful not to fuck it up at the bank. Otherwise they will take him for thousands in fees and take away his ability to get Paypal money. Keith fucked up several times with the bank when he was younger, and I think most would agree the floor is better than jail.

Sleeping on the floor is an investment in his future. These deprivations will pay off.

Keith, at what age were you able to have your own bank account? Not Kat's or Chemda's.
Am I saying to mortgage a mattress?

Not that it relates to one financing something to lay on, but I had an active bank account when I started working at 16, minimum, you moron. What's wrong with you?

Last edited by Keith; 03-26-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Is this for real? 50/50 on the poll? Are there really this many people who think a mattress isn't important? And people still think a soda ban isn't necessary?
Keith and Duncan Solvent like this.