Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should same-sex marriage be accepted just as straight marriage is?
Yes 124 98.41%
No 2 1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
I really wish I had a mattress.
I hear ya bro.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Far more important than this poll is the fact that Jess Wood is on this episode.

She was amazing on WMN. Can't wait to see her on Phil Spector.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not using iPods but I am using mp3s with vinyl control records on turntables. I can switch back to my vinyl collection at any time during a set, cut and scratch, and I now have instant doubles for juggling beats. But I still have to listen and match beats.

There's people out there calling themselves djs while using a controller with a sync button which does most of the work for them. The old school djs look down on the kids using these today.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

TJ and I are hiking the Appalachian Trail this summer. We had to get Powers of Attorney drawn up so we could make medical and financial decisions in case something happens to the other person.

Also, when we travel we play a fun game that goes like this: "Married in this state!" "Not married in this state!" "Married in this state!" "Not married in this state!" "I hope if something bad happens to one of us, it happens in this state!" "Please God, Please God, Please God not in this state! Let us just cross the border!"

It's really fun throughout the Northeastern United States.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Should same-sex marriage be accepted just as straight marriage is? Does one breathe oxygen? YES, and YES. I can't even believe this question has to be asked in 2013. "Well same-sex marriage infringes on the sanctity of marriage." Is this real life? This is the main argument opponents have. Gtfo. Believe whatever ever religion you want, but don't shove it's ideology on the nation. I say that because it's true. There are a few religious fundamentalists that are fueling this unwarranted opposition to equality. @AndrewJOkeke on twitter.
littlp likes this.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Even though I'm opposed to homosexuality I think that they should have the right to get married. My opposition is based on my religion. If this passes into law there should be a clause in it where churches don't have to recognize them as a couple. Not to deny them charity, but for religious services.

Is Jess going to be the new Patrice? Loved this show.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
My opposition is based on my religion. If this passes into law there should be a clause in it where churches don't have to recognize them as a couple. Not to deny them charity, but for religious services.
While I respect your decision, this is a problem. That the court would even make rulings on religious proceedings, and that religious bias could fuel an opposition that will effect a nation of many different people, and beliefs. I am for the Separation of Church and State, and although some politicians may say that, they're not. When you're judging on a ruling that will effect millions of people you have to be able to put your biases, and beliefs aside for the whole. A special provisional clause should not be made for religious organizations to not deny them as a couple. If they don't want to, fine, but the law shouldn't have to assert themselves into that. "But what about religious same-sex couples who will now be shunned from their church, because they chose to get married?" That is between them and the church. Court proceedings should not be extended into that. It then starts getting into a grey area, where courts could then regulate religions, and what religious organization wants that?
Sparrow and sex_n_diamonds like this.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Vinyl

I like the idea of getting back into vinyl because of the large artwork, the vinyl's themselves are usually cool looking and you just have no choice but to soak in more of each purchase you make. It's not as throw away as buying a CD and ripping it to MP3 and never looking at the physical thing again.

You can't just touch a few buttons and be listening to a song; it's a process and I think that, even though I don't buy vinyl (though I do own a handful), if I had time and space I would get into it more. In terms of the "sound" there is a warmth people talk about but to me that is just a lower sound fidelity; ie. less top end. The crackles and pops do take me back and I'm only 31 but my parents had a bucket load of vinyls when we were younger.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

I voted no just to be an asshole
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I voted no just to be an asshole
Well done. Someone needs to stand up against the homosexual agenda.

Any ep with Jess Wood in it is going to be fucking great, and this was no exception. That discussion where she said something about her first finger job and Chemda said that not all of us can remember being 7 (and the subsequent exchange about daddy etc) had me pissing my pants laughing.

This poll is fucking stupid though. Some ideas for better polls:
Q) Is Keith Russian?
A1) Yes
A2) Oh fuck me, that explains a lot

Q) Should the Supreme Court be blown up?
A1) Yes
A2) No (and by extension, I am a heterosexual Republicunt who enjoys weekends in Thailand getting gerbils shoved up my arse by Ladybois)

Q) Is Keith's description of Dianna Ross ("Cunt, bitch, etc) accurate?
A1) Yes
A2) No, Keith is a soft poofter who is pulling his punches because she's a black female icon.

Anyway, fuck you all. Great fucking ep.

I'm going to lie down on my MATTRESS and have a nap.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.