Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are The Penns racist?
Obviously 39 54.93%
Not necessarily 32 45.07%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1754: Love the Sinner

"If I knew that it was gonna end in a year and eight months, I certainly wouldn't have had fuckin' Elton John's Wedding of the Century."

www.twitter.com/JesseJoyce

Video highlights from this show.

Click here to watch all the video highlights from this show.

Share this episode: Love the Sinner - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 04-08-2013 at 05:14 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Was Sean Penns kid going to a laboratory to cure cancer?
howling_oak_411 likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I fucking love Jessie Joyce. I understand what Jessie is saying; Keith is a good standup but he would be leagues better if he went out and did stand up on a regular basis. He would be able to better perfect his word choices, phrases and so on. Its seems like its coming from a very sweet place. But Jessie (along with most of the other comics on the show) seem to be unable to express it without sounding like a douche.

Wasn't Sean Penn the dude that went around Louisiana on speed boat rescuing people off their roofs right after hurricane Katrina hit? That's pretty Batman if you ask me. And Batman is anything but racist. Seriously, though, Sean Penn's son was just pissed/frustrated and in that state of mind just said the worst thing he could think of to hurt that dude. Just think of the messed up shit you think when someone who doesn't look exactly like you cuts you off when you're driving. Now imagine watching that person harass your parents. He was just reacting. No big deal.

Also the poll should have a third choice "obviously not."

Last edited by invader; 04-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Seriously, though, Sean Penn's son was just pissed/frustrated and in that state of mind just said the worst thing he could think of to hurt that dude. Just think of the messed up shit you think when someone who doesn't look exactly like you cuts you off when you're driving. Now imagine watching that person harass your parents. He was just reacting. No big deal.
Calling that guy an N-Word doesn't hurt that dude. He's a paparazzi who just hit the motherlode. But saying that word let's everyone know that Hopper is a racist. When you say that word to a black person and you aren't black, you are telling the world that is what you think of all black people, not just that one photographer.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
Calling that guy an N-Word doesn't hurt that dude.
Nerd?
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Calling that guy an N-Word
Why are you afraid to say "Nigger"?

You are clearly a racist.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Calling that guy an N-Word doesn't hurt that dude. He's a paparazzi who just hit the motherlode. But saying that word let's everyone know that Hopper is a racist. When you say that word to a black person and you aren't black, you are telling the world that is what you think of all black people, not just that one photographer.
That is an over statement I think. Real racist are very understated in their racism especially if they are from places like NYC or L.A. This dude was just pissed plain and simple. He wanted to hurt that dude. That is why he said "Faggot" first, to call him out as a coward (cause in the mind of most straight teenagers what could be worse than being called a coward). When he didn't get the reaction he wanted he then started saying "Nigger". Hoping that, that would escalate things. I don't agree with what he did, but I can see where it was coming from.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

I get called nigger and I'm not even black
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just to clarify my marriage comment. What I meant was you don't have to involve the church to be legally married. The daughter of this couple who goes to church with me was married in the Bahamas. At first I thought la t da, but then I realized that if they're still together for x number of years it's not going to matter where they were married.

Keith if your dad would like to do something in your ceremony have him read first Corinthians chapter 13 verses 4-7. The chapter talks about love without referencing God.
howling_oak_411 likes this.

Last edited by WSEIII; 04-04-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Back in the '90s, (when Sean Penn was making movies and super famous) Rolling Stone magazine had him on the cover. "Cool Jerk" read the headline cover and it went into how he was always hitting people taking his picture and so forth. Perhaps him being a total asshole has influenced his rich entitled cunt of a son. Is it possible?

It is 2013. It is universally understood that the word 'nigger' can hold whatever value you attach to it. If you are black and are offended; it is a terribly hurtful word, (I'm white so I have the luxury of just guessing.) If you are a young white person who hears the word thrown around as casually as 'Sup?' it means nothing. It probably barely registers even as a buzz-word.

If the word offended you, avoid the prick's future awful movies. That seems to be the KatG consensus concerning 'bad people who do bad things.'

Also, if you don't understand that David Mamet's 1989 film "We're No Angels" starring Sean Penn and Robert De Niro is a masterpiece, I would not call you a nigger, but I would insinuate that you may have niggardly taste. Not sure what the definition of 'niggardly' is but a little red line did not appear under it so it must be an actual word...right?

Who knows. Perhaps spell check is racist, as well. To me it just sounded like an asshole trying to be hurtful.
Super Mario and Scumhook like this.