Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you want Keith’s drunk voice to make an appearance in the future?
Yes, I’m a fan 57 48.72%
No, it’s an abomination 60 51.28%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree32Likes

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You guys ever hear from Patrick Carlin?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I actually liked the drunk voice until the last episode. It just went on for a little too long. It's like a strong perfume, all you need is a little dab and you are good to go.

Pretty much my point as well. A little perfume goes a long way. You rapidly get to the point with both perfume and the drunk voice where I start thinking, "Wow, did you forget to wash your ass / do show prep? Time to skip ahead to where I hear guests talking again."
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I actually liked the drunk voice until the last episode. It just went on for a little too long. It's like a strong perfume, all you need is a little dab and you are good to go.
Genius.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I heart Sherri's Berries!

Is your mom a total cunt who has a house full of bibles, one for each of the people she knows and loves but then mutters how sad it is that they're going to hell to burn for eternity and you kind of resent her but feel bad cuz your dad is dead and she's just old and alone now?

Tired of sending lame-ass flowers each year?

Sherri's Berries.

They're a delightful treat that's original and may just prevent your mother from being total bitch for once.

Hell. They worked last year. Although, if your mother is fat bitch I'd recommend doubling the berries for only $10 more. It's worth it just to not hear, "Yep. Got them. They're all gone. You know your sister sent me this really great new Bible..."
flerchin and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 05-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whoever it was who said the impression is good but it's the impression of someone I don't want to hear nailed it.

I said it in response to Piff a few days ago - the impression is a little toooooooo good, because the person it's an impression of is an insufferable gobshite who's torture to listen to.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

This poll is way too fucking close.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Gotta say, the drunk voice is just the latest addition to Keet's shtick repertoire, and for me, it's all good.

But that's not why I'm here. I too share Keith's passion for oysters. I love the sweet, briny, ocean-y, slightly metallic little bivalved fuckers. I have a small collection of oyster knives and have gotten not too goddamn bad at shucking them myself, but I also like a good $1 special too.

Keith, if you like oysters, you should try raw quahogs sometime. I get them all the time when I'm in Rhode Island. Slip in a paring knife, pop the adductor muscles, little squirt of lemon -- holy shit.

Also, keep a lookout for different types of oysters. My favorite lately is the Kumamoto. They're on the small side, but they have this subtle, yet undeniable melon flavor. No kidding.

I get his reticence ordering an app for himself and not to share, it feels weird. Especially with a dish like raw oysters on the half-shell. They're so polarizing, you sometimes end up with your dining partner staring at you like you're eating your own eyeballs.

One last thing: getting oysters to go is a terrible idea, unless two days on the shitter sounds like fun. Once they've been opened, they go downhill fast. It's kinda like good sushi. You gotta eat it right away.
Keith, flerchin, John Galt and 2 others like this.

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly
Old 05-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
This poll is way too fucking close.
Agreed. If Keith really follows the "advice" of this poll, each one of you who voted it down will be cordially invited to gently nuzzle my bozack.

Yeah, that's right. The bozack. I'm bringing it back.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Drunk Voice

I personally like the drunk voice - I did feel a little bad for the guests though. It felt like they had no idea what was going on. Maybe they were thinking Keith had a stroke or something? haha.

Also, I would not trust a $1 oyster. Sounds like a scam...
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

To any oyster virgins looking to pop their palette's cherry - go for small ones. They are generally sweeter and have better flavour than the big fat ones.

The fucking yanks have obessions with big things. Avoid the dinner-plate sized ones at all costs.