Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   1772: Probably? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/1772-probably-17702/)

Keith 05-06-2013 06:20 PM

1772: Probably?

"I had a fondness for Satan."

www.twitter.com/MyqKaplan

Share this episode: Probably? - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

WSEIII 05-06-2013 08:34 PM

Game of Thrones cover band - There might be dragons

When Keith was talking about the civil war and he mentioned that the victor gets the loser's flag. I equated war to a grown up version of capture the flag. But we all know it's more that that.

lalalemon 05-06-2013 08:34 PM

Just to clarify on the KY Derby;

It's not the "panic", it's called the paddock. It's where the horses are kept/walk thru to get to the track before their race.

And I think Keith would actually enjoy the Derby or any day at the races if he actually went...I agree- super boring on TV, but the atmosphere of the Downs, the flow of burbon, betting and cheering for the races, and the total shit show that accompanies the day is a fucking blast.

jpj1421 05-06-2013 10:16 PM

I have the episode lined up for tomorrow morning, but as to the poll question....

I voted yes, though I know Chemda doesn't care for violence. Game of Thrones is the best written, best acted and most beautiful show on television. It's flashes of gratuitousness violence and nudity come about, because...well, it's a fantasy/medieval setting. People have sex and die and that's life.

I suppose I would have voted maybe if allowed.

invader 05-06-2013 11:08 PM

It’s just sensationalistic bullshit

For the amount of money, it would cost to print a gun you could afford to by a few guns legally and a small arsenal of guns illegally, all of which wouldn’t fall apart after just a few shots. It’s just sensationalistic bullshit... There was a mini documentary done on a guy that was trying to successfully print a durable trigger assembly of an AR-15 (which according to the documentary is the only part of the assault rifle that is tracked by a serial number). All the other pieces of the gun you could buy online and aren't tracked (again according to the doc). But you would still need about $10,000 for a printer not including the cost of the materials that the printer uses. We aren't talking about just using a makerbot to print out a burner.
Probably.

Also Chemda shouldn't watch Game of Thrones. She is just going to make fun of it and get all the Game of Throne nerds that listen to the show butt hurt. Wait I take it back Chemda should totally watch Game of Thrones, then talk about it on the show at length.

Super Mario 05-07-2013 03:15 AM

All i heard was THOR!

http://www.imgur.com/zCfU4nz.jpeg

WittyReference 05-07-2013 03:25 AM

On the gun control topic, I hope everyone saw these from the Daily Show:

Part 1: The Daily Show: John Oliver Investigates Gun Control in Australia - Part 1 - YouTube

Part 2: The Daily Show: John Oliver Investigates Gun Control in Australia - Part 2 - YouTube

Part 3: The Daily Show: John Oliver's Australia & Gun Control's Aftermath - YouTube

jpj1421 05-07-2013 04:59 AM

Shrek 2 and Toy Story 2/3 are self evidently better than their original movies.

I think Shot in a Dark (and to a lesser degree the other Peter Sellers Pink Panther sequels) are leaps and bounds better than a Pink Panther. Of course, they changed the main character from the thief to the Inspector for the sequels and were better for it.

Christmas Vacation is arguably as good/better than Vacation.

Ghostbusters 2 is not as good as Ghostbusters, but it's pretty good...except the setup and finale.

Clerks is only a bit better than Clerks 2, but both are great. Same with the Back to the Future movies.

Evil Dead was a horror movie with comedic elements, and the comedy sequel was better....that was a bit of a stretch.

Uhhh..The Great Muppet Caper is better than the original movie.

That's about it I think. Comedy sequels are difficult, clearly.

/Edit

The first 5 minutes of Game of Thrones are very odd when coated to everything else. It was more of a "Hey, try to not forget this as everything else goes down." I tell people, watch the first episode beginning to and and if you aren't compelled to watch the following episode it's not for you.

helllomoto 05-07-2013 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Myq is such a fantastic guest.

Kieth; watch iron man 3 in IMAX if you can. It's a much better experience.

Edit; Siri is a straight up bitch.

Tank 05-07-2013 06:47 AM

Great episode.

Myq (iPhone autocorrected to NyQuil...) - I have sprint and my service is great but it might just be my location. I've been in spots where the service sucks but for the most part its good.

Re:the derby - my mother in law says 'those poor horses, can't they do anything to keep mud from getting in their eyes?' Because being whipped and forced to race is the least of their worries..