Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Movies
Keith ‘s right. If a movie has that many problems with it, then it can’t be “good.” 32 47.76%
Victor’s right. Sure, he had all these problems with the film, but it can still be “good.” 35 52.24%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree33Likes

Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

My point is that it's not just a "perceived effect". There is something that can actually be healed with this type of practice. It's not cancer or a broken leg, but it's just as real. You're right about what a placebo is, but a placebo seems more like something that works in conjunction with proper treatment of something else. An elevated mood while recovering from surgery helps the recovery. I'm arguing that elevating your mood besides recovering from surgery is as important as getting surgery. Having a positive outlook every day despite some jerk in the subway is just as important as getting a finger up the butt to check for colon cancer.

Last edited by Earl Dukes; 05-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Having a positive outlook every day despite some jerk in the subway is just as important as getting a finger up the butt to check for colon cancer.
Words to live by.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #23 (permalink)

"Nothing wrong with being a whore if you own it, right ladies? By the way, speaking of my fiance..."

LOL
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Carmen, Keith, and Chemda are very funny people.

Chemda is a very different person from when I first met her and also exactly th same. I guess that could be said of anyone I have met, but right now I am getting to know Chemda more as a friend again and t is a fun experience. She is all grown up and in charge of her life. Aces.

Victor
This is a recycled quote that I use for everyone I know.
Blitzgal, ImStillToni and Tank like this.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Weren't the girls in separate rooms? So three padlocked rooms. I don't know anyone who wouldn't at least go "Bro, what's in those rooms..?"

Also, I'm not trying to start shit, but is anyone else noticing over the past couple of weeks that Chemda's been very..open about how Keith is shitty/a fuck up? Like the dead silence in this episode after Chemda (as a man) said "Men should always make more money, I haven't but let's move on" and Keith came back (as a woman) with "I'm a bitch." There's been a lot of little jabs about how much Keith sucked during their relationship. It hasn't been every episode but it's been coming up a lot recently and Chemda, to me, is coming off a bit bitter.
(Edit: To be fair, as a friend just pointed out, Chemda did make more money than Keith and it sounds like Cat makes more than him now, so maybe Keith doesn't get to complain about how guys have to pay for everything anymore, but, I still think there's more to it than that.)

Also, I haven't been able to understand all the Iron Man love. If it wasn't for Robert Downey Jr, I feel like everyone would have said they were shit. I don't think they were the worst thing ever (Disclaimer: I didn't see #2), but they also weren't as fucking awesome as everyone says.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 05-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Also, I haven't been able to understand all the Iron Man love. If it wasn't for Robert Downey Jr, I feel like everyone would have said they were shit. I don't think they were the worst thing ever (Disclaimer: I didn't see #2), but they also weren't as fucking awesome as everyone says.
#2 is an appropriate term to use for the second Iron Man movie.

I did like the first one alot though.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Don't know why the average score is around a 7 now. Gotta ask people, "Is average a 5 or is average a 7," whenever people rate something.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #28 (permalink)

I use a school rating scale so I guess a 6 is average for me.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Just clearing something up in here on the Don to Dawn convo. Since I was mentioned.

I understand the point Victor was trying to make but Chemda was right:

If Victor all of a sudden started wearing darker brown makeup it would be more similar to the situation than me starting to wear dark makeup.

Victor is a black guy whose genes were altered at birth just so- so that he lacks Melanin, the thing that makes black people black visually.

I am a white guy whose genes were altered at birth just so- so that I lack the corresponding genitalia and physical properties that makes one male visually.

Since people are used to seeing me as a female, if I were to start rocking a beard and strapping down my breasts and packing (i do sometimes wear things to make my chest flatter but that is to feel better about myself and no one really takes notice but me) that is a better comparison.

It is also true that female-bodied people are more accepted to wear "male" clothing and male-bodied people are not expected at all to wear dresses even if they just want to be cool in the summer. That is not how our society has evolved.
fraggle312 likes this.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Let me add to what Lauren just said.

If Lauren turned into a talking horse I would bet on him in every race.
Scumhook likes this.