Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's the right answer?
Read the book 18 21.95%
Watch the movie 15 18.29%
Both 49 59.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 05-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

turns out that hornets nest thing was a fake, it originated on a swedish satirical site.
snopes.com: Swedish Man Dies After Having Sex with Hornet's Nest
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Whatever dude. THAT GUY FUCKED A HORNET'S NEST!! To completion. Received 55 stings to the dick in the process.

Next you'll be saying Santa is not real.

Please allow some of us to dream will you...thanks
WSEIII likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 05-19-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

Keith's quiz about rape was fucking great.

Fuck Alex Trebec. Keith Malley for Quizmaster 2013!!!

And Dan did a great job answering his question. Attacking rape as a bad thing, then ending up sounding like you're advocating rape is no easy task.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Chemda needs to watch Party Down as her next TV show. I feel like she could relate somewhat with previously being a birthday party clown.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith had a good point about a show like Arrested Development being to a higher standard than something like Two and a Half Men. While you do have your crossover audience, in general it is a different audience. Believe it or not there are those out there who have so little comedic foresight that they think Two and a Half Men is cleaver. These people, I believe, get overwhelmed by good comedic writing and don't enjoy good jokes. Its really like you have comedies for those who are comedy fans, and shows for those who somehow enjoy jokes that can be seen coming from the beginning of the episode.

A good example of this would be taste in comedians. I know alot of people who think John Pinette is the best thing in comedy. I try to show them who I think are brilliant comedians, Pat Dixon, Mike Lawrence, Myq Kaplan, and they basically say "not for me." I think that you can only start appreciating smarter comedy when you pay attention to enough comedy to see dumb jokes coming. If you don't actively pay attention to what you consume you are happy with your hot dog instead of a steak. But once you know you can never go back.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

I decided to read GOT before watching the series, and I'm not sure if I made the right choice...The books are so much better than the show it's not even funny.
Tank likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrabbitX View Post
I decided to read GOT before watching the series, and I'm not sure if I made the right choice...The books are so much better than the show it's not even funny.
The books are usually better in fantasy settings. So much of the books detail characters and scenes that either can't be reproduced or would cost too much to create.

For example, LoTR was a huge, huge book. If they would have used everything from the book, it would have taken 6 hours to watch, or more. So they took parts from the book that would translate to film and added some additional material to flesh out the story.

If they made a movie exactly like the book, most people wouldn't like it. They imagined something one way when they read it, but it looked another way on the screen.

For a show that I want to watch, I don't read the books first. I'll read them later.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

All three LotR books combined are shorter than any of the game of thrones books. I think they pretty much got it all in the extended edition movies.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Did someone say LotR...?