Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you want a stripper at your bachelor/bachelorette party?
Yes 31 30.39%
No 71 69.61%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree35Likes

Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

What where their names again. I won't do anything illegal.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm embarrassed to say it wasn't till I replayed the end a second time before I realised it was a joke .
Keith and lalalemon like this.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

I still refuse to accept it was a joke and I'm downloading the episode over and over again as we speak, until I get the complete ending. Currently on download #129

I'll let you know guys, don't worry.
Keith, frog, Blitzgal and 3 others like this.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

I found this ep very confusing.

Normally Keith & Chemmo are direct and clear with what they say & think, but I couldn't figure out if they liked Murphy's video productions. Really picked up mixed messages. Fucking say what you really think ffs.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Is this Jeff the Jerkoff?
I'm a relatively new listener, been listening to the show for about 1 year now. The name Jeff the Jerkoff rings a bell, but I've no idea who that is.

Also, I was agreeing with Keith's rant about the video people being shitty, dunno why that makes me a bad guy. Was it that I said the video compression rant bugged me?

I am however basing my comments on listening to the first 20 minutes or so of the episode as I walked to work, so I may be missing some crucial details :P

Last edited by Yarbo; 06-26-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Similar to Jeff the Jerkoff, you said I was wrong about something but offered no information about what's right, regardless of me obviously being right in the first place. I know what the average size of good quality things comes to, and of course the length of the file has to do with that.

C'mon now.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbo View Post
I must say though, the rant by Keith about video compression and how 600mb translates to 1 hour kind of bugged me... that's not how video compression works.
Almost every video codec works the same as far as compression. After it's rendered, the file size is around 600MB per hour, unless it's HD. And even that has no real standards.

A 30 minute 720p AVI is typically around 1GB. Once it's uploaded to YouTube (converted to Flash) it's around 300MB.

The files Keet got were probably MOV or a similar format, and it sounds like it was converted from SD to HD which would explain the pixelation and general shitty-ness as far as quality. A lot of "video producers" do that.

Sorry if I got too geeky.. heh.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I know what the average size of good quality things comes to
hurr hurr hurr

that's wut she said...
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
Almost every video codec works the same as far as compression. After it's rendered, the file size is around 600MB per hour, unless it's HD. And even that has no real standards.

A 30 minute 720p AVI is typically around 1GB. Once it's uploaded to YouTube (converted to Flash) it's around 300MB.

The files Keet got were probably MOV or a similar format, and it sounds like it was converted from SD to HD which would explain the pixelation and general shitty-ness as far as quality. A lot of "video producers" do that.

Sorry if I got too geeky.. heh.
Depends on the bitrate... it just so happens that generally speaking with common settings it comes out to about 600mb.

Quote:
Similar to Jeff the Jerkoff, you said I was wrong about something but offered no information about what's right, regardless of me obviously being right in the first place. I know what the average size of good quality things comes to, and of course the length of the file has to do with that.

C'mon now.
Any additional information I could offer would be dry, and rather advanced. Hell, even I don't get a lot of it. From what I know about you from listening to the show I doubt it would interest you, but here are some links so that I'm not a jerk off.

Specific to h.264 encoding which is the most common video compression codec these days:

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly this section: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bonus video: How Does Video Compression Work? - YouTube

I'm no expert on the topic mind you, but I work with h.264 enough to know a little.

Reading back on my post, this kind of seems jerk-offy. Jerk-off if you do, and jerk-off if you don't I guess.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #30 (permalink)

Congrats